1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heteropoda sling care

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Venom1080, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    im a fairly experienced T keeper and have developed a interest in huntsman spiders. the only Heteropoda available to me are slings and so i would like to know their care. do i keep them like pokies or other fast arboreals? or are they different? the slings im thinking of are Heteropoda Davidbowie.

2. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Runners, forest floor hunters and tree trunks and branches but not foliage. Will adapt to artificial surfaces, love stucco walls for example. Need a lot of room or they will predate each other.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Expect bursts of speed (teleportation if you will). As I believe Snark has said before in a different thread, you can expect them to get out and be a couple counties over before you know they got out lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Widow lover

Widow lover Arachnoknight

Keep slings in 40 dram vials with medium vent holes. 3/4" or so of substrate, soak half the substrate and let dry out in between. Feed once or twice a week.

Easy peasy. And ya, watch out for their lightning speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dylanaxolotl

dylanaxolotl Arachnosquire

They're pretty easy, just keep moist and feed one to three times a week. Sadly I let water residue build up in the containers of two out of my three slings and they drowned :(.

6. My first venatoria was extremely hectic. I was stuck trying to catch the thing in my room for about an hour! That being said, that was months ago and I love the species now. I got used to their speed, and although they're unpredictable, you can maneuver them just enough sometimes.