Heteropoda sling care

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
im a fairly experienced T keeper and have developed a interest in huntsman spiders. the only Heteropoda available to me are slings and so i would like to know their care. do i keep them like pokies or other fast arboreals? or are they different? the slings im thinking of are Heteropoda Davidbowie.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Runners, forest floor hunters and tree trunks and branches but not foliage. Will adapt to artificial surfaces, love stucco walls for example. Need a lot of room or they will predate each other.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Expect bursts of speed (teleportation if you will). As I believe Snark has said before in a different thread, you can expect them to get out and be a couple counties over before you know they got out lol.

Widow lover

Arachnoknight
Keep slings in 40 dram vials with medium vent holes. 3/4" or so of substrate, soak half the substrate and let dry out in between. Feed once or twice a week.

Easy peasy. And ya, watch out for their lightning speed.

dylanaxolotl

Arachnosquire
They're pretty easy, just keep moist and feed one to three times a week. Sadly I let water residue build up in the containers of two out of my three slings and they drowned :(.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first venatoria was extremely hectic. I was stuck trying to catch the thing in my room for about an hour! That being said, that was months ago and I love the species now. I got used to their speed, and although they're unpredictable, you can maneuver them just enough sometimes.