Heterometrus spinnifer or petersii?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like petersii, it's definitely not spinifer. True spinifer is actually hard to find in the hobby, in the US anyway. Soooo many petersii are sold here as spinifer. Here's a good pdf to look at http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/p2004_15.pdf The thing you notice about it real fast is sheen, this one has a powder-coat/matte finish on it, spinifer has a polished shine to it.

Forest Scorpion

Arachnopeon
Spinifer also generally has a white (while juvenile) or brown (while mature) telson similar to a pandinus imperator. The telson on this individual appears to match the body. I would lean towards petersii.

Mslinger

Arachnosquire
Claws (pedipalps) look like H. beccaloniae
Or H. bengalensis
They don’t look anything like petersii.
I’m not familiar with laoticus.

Mslinger

Arachnosquire

Attachments

THR

Arachnosquire
Certainly not petersii or laoticus or spinifer. The former two have a swelled chella while the latter has a elongated one. And spinifer also process a red telson. My best guess is the Heterometrus bengalensis, due to the shape of its chela and the carinae on it. The only problem is according to the only pics I have of H.b, its telson is red. But there might be a possibility that just like H. cyaneus, the color of telson might vary.

Attachments

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I don’t mean to hijack, but what do these things look like. I’m told they are adults but they look like juveniles.
Listed as Spinifer also.
The ones in your group are either H. laoticus or H. scaber depending on location, both have blackish/reddish brown claws and vesicles.