Heterometrus Spinifer Scorpion Stuck Giving Birth

Heterometrus Spinifer

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,
At around 12:45 PM today after getting home from work for my lunch break I noticed something weird about my Asian Forest Scorpion (Heterometrus Spinifer). Underneath it there was a moving white thing. After closer examination I realized it was a scorpling! Unfortunately my delight has ended and turned into grave concern because the mother is stuck delivering her fourth scorpling. For the past 8 hours the tip of the scorpling's tail has been sticking out of the mother with no progress in leaving the birth canal. I can see many scorplings still inside the mother and am worried about their health and the health of the mother. Is there anything I can do to help this mother scorpion? I am desperate. I know that I need to give it time and will let it be for the night. If there is no change with the situation in the morning how can I help this visibly struggling mother?
FYI:
  1. I have raised humidity levels.
  2. I have slightly raised the temperature.
  3. I have gently nudged the scorpion hoping that a contraction of the abdominal muscles will help push the little sucker out.
Thanks,
Alec

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

Unfortunately this happens sometimes -> in my experience it tends to be permanent, and you can't expect any more babies from that female

Never experimented with trying to remove the baby, I suggest you be patient and give it time and continue to raise humidity
birthing can take several days sometimes, she might get him out!

Heterometrus Spinifer

Arachnopeon
Woke up to some great news. She now has delivered six scorplings and has more on the way! I ended up holding her tail up and applying light pressure right beneath the birth canal. It really helped her out.

Heterometrus Spinifer

Arachnopeon
Hey

Unfortunately this happens sometimes -> in my experience it tends to be permanent, and you can't expect any more babies from that female

Never experimented with trying to remove the baby, I suggest you be patient and give it time and continue to raise humidity
birthing can take several days sometimes, she might get him out!
Luckily all is well now, but thanks so much for the response.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yes raising heat and humidity can greatly increase the ease of her birthing. I'm actually surprised you interacting with her didn't trigger her to start eating them
I had this issue with an O wahlbergii many moons ago and she started chomping the babies as soon as I tried helping her. I ended up getting stung trying to save the last baby ( which ultimately failed as it died ) best of luck with the new little ones !

Eternalhour

Arachnopeon
That is great to hear that all is now well with the growing family ☺
You can now add ‘Scorpion Midwife’ to your resume