Heterometrus spinifer or petersii

LinnieScorp14

Arachnopeon
Just need some help identifying my new baby, I'm pretty sure he is either Heterometrus spinifer or petersii, I just don't know the specifics.
He has also completely changed his sleep schedule. ( I've had him about a month ) He now wakes up early in the AM and stays awake until late afternoon. Sorry, I don't have the best picture
Is this normal?

Attachments

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
petersii has a little bit of granulation on the carapace, laoticus doesn't have any, you might get a better idea that way.

H. laoticus is very popular in LPS's right now, but they will usually be id'd as "Asian Forest Scorpion - Asia".

Mslinger

Arachnosquire
The 1st 2 pictures were purchased as H. Petersii
Pretty large imo. Super cool animals.
The last 4 pics were purchased as H. Spinifer. They were smaller I assume juveniles. I’m still learning to identify this group, but I think the others are also Petersii as well. Imo the top 3 mislabeled species for AFS are petersii/Spinifer/longimanus in the US.

Attachments

THR

Arachnosquire
spinifer has white to yellow telson during juvenile stage, while petersii and laoticus are brown to black. Also, spinifer has a pair of elongated chela. The only problem is how to distinguish petersii and laoticus. The following pics are from a science paper.

Attachments

THR

Arachnosquire
The 1st 2 pictures were purchased as H. Petersii
Pretty large imo. Super cool animals.
The last 4 pics were purchased as H. Spinifer. They were smaller I assume juveniles. I’m still learning to identify this group, but I think the others are also Petersii as well. Imo the top 3 mislabeled species for AFS are petersii/Spinifer/longimanus in the US.
All of them are petersii/laoticus