Heterometrus sp. Hiding in Burrow

Aegypti Goh

Arachnopeon
Good day, I am new to scorpion keeping, and after reading numerous care sheets for Heterometrus sp. I bought 2 young Asian forest scorpions, both approximately 2 inches. Substrate used is fine coco fibre 2 inches deep (Because they're quite young so I didn't put deeper substrate), and I've been watering the container twice per day ensuring humidity, room temperature is constant around 27 to 30 degree Celsius. Next day I found a burrow and I assumed both of them were hiding in their comfort burrow. However they remained there for a week now and mealworm with head crushed are not consumed at all. I know it's usual for them to go on for weeks or months without eating but I worried about cannibalism. May I ask is that a normal behaviour or they may be in a premolt?

Below attached is my container setup for the scorpions, i removed the hide for viewing purpose; and they dig to the bottom of the container, I apologize for the bad picture quality but that is the best I can get for the bottom view of the container.

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They may still be settling in if you just bought them or could be trying to get a burrow system set up first so they're comfortable.

Aegypti Goh

Arachnopeon
They may still be settling in if you just bought them or could be trying to get a burrow system set up first so they're comfortable.
I bought them for a week now. Just kind of worry of their cannibalism because they're not eating the mealworm I provided, but thanks anyway.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I bought them for a week now. Just kind of worry of their cannibalism because they're not eating the mealworm I provided, but thanks anyway.
If you have 2 scorpions then you need to provide 3 good hides, cork bark hides or similar. with the 3 hides start a burrow under eack with your finger or pencil and let the scorpions choose. You say you have removed the hide for viewing purposes, so I assume there is only one hide, if you provide only one or two hides you are telling the scorpions where to go, let them choose. You may find they both share the same hide, but thats their choice. As pannaking22 says let them settle it may take several weeks, and they will eat when they are ready to, don,t keep checking to see if they are okay - that will take them longer to settle.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah I usually give them a couple weeks to settle before trying to feed them. And agreed with Dry Desert, an extra hide or two will go a long way to helping them get more comfortable and decrease chances of cannibalism.

Aegypti Goh

Arachnopeon
If you have 2 scorpions then you need to provide 3 good hides, cork bark hides or similar. with the 3 hides start a burrow under eack with your finger or pencil and let the scorpions choose. You say you have removed the hide for viewing purposes, so I assume there is only one hide, if you provide only one or two hides you are telling the scorpions where to go, let them choose. You may find they both share the same hide, but thats their choice. As pannaking22 says let them settle it may take several weeks, and they will eat when they are ready to, don,t keep checking to see if they are okay - that will take them longer to settle.
Yes I only provided 1 hide for them, so I'll get 2 more hides asap. I'll leave them alone for now, just worried because newly acquired hobby thank you for the advice

Yeah I usually give them a couple weeks to settle before trying to feed them. And agreed with Dry Desert, an extra hide or two will go a long way to helping them get more comfortable and decrease chances of cannibalism.
Alright thank you for the advice, will do the extra hides asap