Heterometrus sp. and Vaejovis sp. ID Please

MotherofSpiders

Arachnopeon
Hi all, rather new to keeping scorps, and picked up a few new ones within the last month. I was warned that they may be wrongly Id'd by the shipper so have been reading and reading trying to Id them myself. But my untrained eyes need some expert help to put this to rest. Firstly, the Heterometrus (5 WC) came in labeled as longimanus. Second is a smaller one about 1.5" labeled as Vaejovis spinigerus (female). WC also, so not sure if she's full grown.
id1.jpg id5.jpg id6.jpg
rehouse3.jpg rehouse4.jpg
Here is the Vaejovis spinigerus ......possible confusus or waeringi?
top1.jpg top2.jpg side1.jpg

Thanks for the help and can get different pictures if needed.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
The Heterometrus looks like H. petersii. Are you able to take a clearer, flat shot of its carapace? This would help me confirm the species.

MotherofSpiders

Arachnopeon
Thanks you both for helping! Here is a better carapace shot, if its still not clear enough I'll try with different lighting.
carapace1.jpg

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Definitely not spinigerus. I agree that the Vaejovid is P waeringi.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
P waeringi are neat lil ones from here in CA. Do not keep communally though. I learned the hard way. Very territorial and have no problem eating each other. Keep them in a true bone dry desert set up and you can do the occasional light misting every now and then.
I leave the care tips for the Heterometrus to the experts. All I know is they like a humid and warm jungle environment on the moist side.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
could also be a young pallid P. puritanus

both puritanus and waeringi share habitat, mostly found in the colorado desert in socal

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, H. petersii. And a male at that, from the enlarged tooth on the movable finger of the chela.

Can't confirm the identity of the Vaejovid beyond that it's a Paravaejovis species, but I would defer to Brandon on it.