Heterometrus petersii care question

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
Hey, today I’ll be getting my very first scorpion and I need a bit of help from you guys. I’ve read everything I could find about heterometrus petersii but I still have one question, I heard they are communal and it’s best to have them in groups of 3 and more but 3 is bit too much for me so I was wondering if I should buy just one or two specimens. Thanks for every answer :)

Voes

Arachnopeon
Go with what you feel is right. Just because they can live communally doesn't mean you have to have them that way.

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
I’m leaning to keeping two of them but they are just 3cm in body length and I have no idea if it’s possible to at least guess the sex of them at this size because I don’t really want to end up with 2 males.

Voes

Arachnopeon
I agree with ya there... Better to at least get 3. Better odds on a female.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hey, today I’ll be getting my very first scorpion and I need a bit of help from you guys. I’ve read everything I could find about heterometrus petersii but I still have one question, I heard they are communal and it’s best to have them in groups of 3 and more but 3 is bit too much for me so I was wondering if I should buy just one or two specimens. Thanks for every answer :)
If you are going to go communal - add the same species, the same size, at the same time. If you have 2 - have 3/4 hides, 3 scorpions 4/5 hides. This will give them chance to settle together and not fight over fewer hides.

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
If you are going to go communal - add the same species, the same size, at the same time. If you have 2 - have 3/4 hides, 3 scorpions 4/5 hides. This will give them chance to settle together and not fight over fewer hides.
I’m planing to buy from single breeder so they should most likely be siblings, I was just wondering if I should go for 1 or 2 because I’m not sure if it’s better for them to have pal or not

One more question, is this still too small to at least guess it’s sex ?
DCC7D7D9-F115-4FF2-A9CD-D6C4E568D09E.jpeg

Kaemon285

Arachnopeon
I thought they are gonna be 3cm in body length but it turned out they are 3 cm in total so I ended up buying 2 of them and they seem to get along well.
A1BCD2A5-2449-49D5-B2DD-2963C4EECB7F.jpeg
Thanks everyone for help :)