1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heterometrus Longimanus are greedy!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Scorpling, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Scorpling

Scorpling Arachnopeon

Oregon
    Advertisement
    So I was feeding my two adult H. Longimanus some superworms just now (they love their superworms) and after feeding one, I went to hand my other one a worm. But the one that was already eating grabbed it! They're greedy little buggers. It was fascinating to see a scorp holding a worm in its mouth and another in its pedipalp. This is why Longimanus is my favorite species, they're so interactive and mine at least are docile, almost puppy like. Anyone else got cool stories about Heterometrus sp? I just love them.

2. Newports

Newports Arachnobaron Old Timer

Haha yup I've noticed this with many of these larger sp of scorpions. Like emps, spinifers, and longimanus. Sometimes they will catch as much cricrickets or worms as they can get.

Many times I've seen one catch up to 5 or more crickets. Holding them in their claws while even stuffing their face with one.

3. Scorpling

Scorpling Arachnopeon

Oregon
    I've witnessed Heterometrus (btw I've now identified my "Longimanus" and laoticus) try to take works from each other and drop works trying to grab more lol. They're so fun to watch.