Heterapoda venatoria communally?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
So now that I've immersed myself in this arachnid business I've thought about trying to breed and decided I'd rather try my huntsman than my alphopelma I was wondering though if one had a pair 2in+ could the two be kept in the same enclosure whith minimal risk of cannibalism & if so What would the enclosure size need to be? Or would it simply be best to wait till breeding size before introduction? Just wondering thanks for the help!

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Chances are if they meet each other before mature one will eat the other very quickly in an enclosed space. Given that they’re active hunters you probably wouldn’t be able to have an enclosure big enough to keep them seperate for long. Mature males will apparently live with younger females until they mature in some huntsman species though, mature females not so much. Probably best just to keep them seperate

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Chances are if they meet each other before mature one will eat the other very quickly in an enclosed space. Given that they’re active hunters you probably wouldn’t be able to have an enclosure big enough to keep them seperate for long. Mature males will apparently live with younger females until they mature in some huntsman species though, mature females not so much. Probably best just to keep them seperate
Haha I kinda suspected as much but I suppose if I can wait it out till post breeding then having however many babies hatch a live whith mom while they grow a bit will fulfill my communal curiosity :)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
From observation of our periodic home invasions of immature Venatoria. Think frat party with kegs. They appear to completely ignore each other and are focused entirely into exploring every inch of the place. Their only restriction is firm surfaces but not ceilings. My guess is/was they are after a certain size of bug. Why they don't go after each other is a mystery to me.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
From observation of our periodic home invasions of immature Venatoria. Think frat party with kegs. They appear to completely ignore each other and are focused entirely into exploring every inch of the place. Their only restriction is firm surfaces but not ceilings. My guess is/was they are after a certain size of bug. Why they don't go after each other is a mystery to me.
I’ve seen the huntsman slings I’m raising run into one of their siblings by accident, the sibling has a go at the first before it darts away. I assume they don’t go for each other because they’ve got enough space to escape, in an enclosure it’d probably be a different story

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My davidbowie slings absolutely would not eat unless I housed them together for the first few weeks, but then when I separated them I ended up with less than went in, despite being fed daily. If the slings can't keep their fangs out of each other, I very much doubt that juveniles would be able to resist the urge.