Heros Bite Video [not me]

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Finally! Everyone always goes on about bullet ants. This guy gets bit by a heros and says it's soooo much worse.

Good thing he didn't pick up a subsipinipes instead...

But oh man what a beautiful centipede! :astonished::snaphappy::kiss:

Well... anyway... enjoy?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
There's already a discussion on that video in another thread. We all came to the conclusion that while the bite was definitely bad, he was acting to a degree.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I saw that vid in the other thread, I don't know, I've been bitten before, a good hard bite and it did hurt. That was the day I stopped trying to handle centipedes, it was years ago. The centipede seemed fine for quite a while but for some reason, it started doing that "lift every other leg up" thing, threat display and let me have it on my forearm. When most get bit, they jerk away so a strong potent envenomation doesn't happen. But this guy sat there and took it. I've been bitten and stung a lot, even by Androctonus mauretanicas and that heros bite was pretty close to the top of the pain list for me.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
True, but I don't imagine it would have a person grovelling on the floor and screaming. I haven't even heard of S. dehaani doing that.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Everybody reacts differently. That bite was no joke.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I saw that vid in the other thread, I don't know, I've been bitten before, a good hard bite and it did hurt. That was the day I stopped trying to handle centipedes, it was years ago. The centipede seemed fine for quite a while but for some reason, it started doing that "lift every other leg up" thing, threat display and let me have it on my forearm. When most get bit, they jerk away so a strong potent envenomation doesn't happen. But this guy sat there and took it. I've been bitten and stung a lot, even by Androctonus mauretanicas and that heros bite was pretty close to the top of the pain list for me.
One of mine started doing that the other day, looks like I won’t try and handle it again! Haha.