Here's Thumper!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes! I finally got around to picking up a T.Blondi! This had been on my list for awhile but could never find any local in my area.
So, I was shocked to walk into a petshop that had four, I could'nt believe it! Anyway, they had no clue if they had males or females & I can't tell half the time. I bought the one with the biggest, roundest badonkadonk!:razz:
Here's a few quick pics after I got home.
The blurry one on my arm, is when she was dashing up my left forearm & I was trying to get a pic, put the cam down, & catch her before she got to my shoulder & around my neck or back.
_There she goes:

_After the chase:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A few more_ I had on a sleeveless shirt when she was crawling all over me, what was I thinking....those hairs DO feel just like fiberglass!

-No, I did'nt house her in this little kritter keeper. That was just while I was getting her 10 gal ready. Funny how lighting & background changes make these colors look so different.

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very Cool you must be so ramped! Post mo pics of the new enclosure:drool:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last one for now-

I would have not believed how gentle & calm these big T's are without handling one myself. :cool:

Any tips about keeping the humidity up?... She has a pretty big water dish & I misted the enclosure & substrate pretty heavy . I also used a trick I have done for scorpions before. I took the screen top & covered most of it with a single layer of Glad Press N Seal from the kitchen. Leaving a strip in the middle 3.5" x 9" across for ventilation.
Thats a quick & easy way to cut down the air flow & she is in the warmest room of my house. Not tropical or anything but I have the a/c vents closed off & it stays around 78-80f during the day.
Gonna do my best to pamper her(or him), fatten her up & go for that record breaking 12" legspan!:D

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very Cool you must be so ramped! Post mo pics of the new enclosure:drool:
Its pretty basic. I'm not skilled or enough to make one with 2 or 3 levels, or waterfalls...would be cool though!
A potting soil & peat sub mix, big half log hide partially buried, some artificial plants along the back. Adequate enough I guess, thats how most of mine are set up.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
-Plain & basic:

You can see the strip I left uncovered across the top.

-She's not quite settled in yet: