hemiscolopendra marginata babies!?!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
So I was checking my enclosures and noticed something small moving in my hemiscolopendra marginata KK - it was a baby. followed by at least nine more. She must have been pregnant when I bought her, obviously. I know nothing about the breeding habits in this species, and google didn't turn up much. Are they communal, or will I need to separate? Are they matricidal or is the female still in there (I wouldn't know because I almost never see her).They are about 3/4 inch long and may be grazing on the springtails in the enclosure (or eating mom's leftovers)
Any info anyone has would be appreciated, thanks.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Not communal. Separate them. Pinhead crickets work fine and they will munch on pre killed 1 week olds. I’m sure Springtails would work but I don’t use them as feeders so idk. Moisture very important as they can dessicate quickly. Have some myself I am raising at the moment.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Not communal. Separate them. Pinhead crickets work fine and they will munch on pre killed 1 week olds. I’m sure Springtails would work but I don’t use them as feeders so idk. Moisture very important as they can dessicate quickly. Have some myself I am raising at the moment.
Thanks for the info. I sure it will be fun getting the little boogers out of there:rolleyes: