Helping a reputable national writer on a pro-hobby story - need interviews

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,

If any hobbyists are interested in being interviewed by an established writer for a nationally recognized outlet for a story about tarantulas as pets, please contact me via PM. If you are in Los Angeles or Orange County and can be photographed, let me know. This is not a story that will make hobbyists look like freaks or try to get shock value. To that end, they are looking to interview a few different people with different backgrounds - ie a woman, a man, people with different jobs or someone you would not expect to be in the hobby.

Sharno

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you to people who have emailed me. A couple of people have talked to the reporter. The story is going to be around Halloween and attempt to debunk the bad rap tarantulas get as being spooky and creepy. To that end, the reporter has told me she's been able to talk to great hobbyists who are extremely knowledgable, but is hoping to talk to one more person who does lean toward the "pet" side of keeping tarantulas. I know it's a longshot on AB because most of us are more hobbyists and less "cuddly" (for lack of a better word) about our animals. But perhaps there are some lurkers, or you may know someone, who does name their pet, get more of an emotional bond, talk to their pet (whether or not you think he/she is listening is irrelevant). This would be the last interview. I will be able to let you all know when it is coming out. Thanks again for all your help.