Help.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
First, I'm back. You might remember me.

Second. I have a sling now after two years of fighting. She's a redknee. Problem. My girlfriend hates it and cries if she sees the spider or is in the same room as it. Her family have given my T the thumbs down, too. What can I do here?

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
In all seriousness though, did you not talk to her about getting one? Sounds like your gf is never going to accept it if she literally bursts out crying when she sees it

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
In all seriousness though, did you not talk to her about getting one? Sounds like your gf is never going to accept it if she literally bursts out crying when she sees it
I did. We don't live in the same house but she's been staying over quite a bit recently. I have told her "Don't go in my room." she was fine when I got it but now she's not.

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
I did. We don't live in the same house but she's been staying over quite a bit recently. I have told her "Don't go in my room." she was fine when I got it but now she's not.
That's much better then. Just keep reminding her how you made sure she was okay with you getting a T in the first place and now you have fallen in love with your new life companion. You would be heartbroken if you had to give up this wonderful creature and it would just be plain cruel for her to give you the go ahead and get your hopes up and then decide later that she hates it. But if she really wants you would return it but just know she would be causing you considerable pain by doing so.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
That's much better then. Just keep reminding her how you made sure she was okay with you getting a T in the first place and now you have fallen in love with your new life companion. You would be heartbroken if you had to give up this wonderful creature and it would just be plain cruel for her to give you the go ahead and get your hopes up and then decide later that she hates it. But if she really wants you would return it but just know she would be causing you considerable pain by doing so.
Thanks man. Hopefully my girlfriend and my T can stop fighting over me and become friends.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
First, I'm back. You might remember me.

Second. I have a sling now after two years of fighting. She's a redknee. Problem. My girlfriend hates it and cries if she sees the spider or is in the same room as it. Her family have given my T the thumbs down, too. What can I do here?
Lmao, i think this belongs to an agony aunt column.
It is your life and you need to do what makes you happy. You have a girlfriend that quite clearly hates your hobby you either need to man up a bit and tell her they're here to stay or get rid of them if you don't want to risk losing her.

You're only 15, obviously you don't live together. So it has nothing to do with her.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
This, spiders don't tell you they love you and then sleep with other people behind your back.

Spiders 1-0 Girlfriends
i'm rofl

Lmao, i think this belongs to an agony aunt column.
It is your life and you need to do what makes you happy. You have a girlfriend that quite clearly hates your hobby you either need to man up a bit and tell her they're here to stay or get rid of them if you don't want to risk losing her.

You're only 15, obviously you don't live together. So it has nothing to do with her.
Aye, I'll tell her it's my business and what have you.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I’d cool it off with her and her disapproving family. If they are this up in your business now, it sure doesn’t bode well for the future.

Lots of other people out there to date.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I've known plenty of people who hid their comic collections or their gaming consoles when partners came around. None of them actually ended up staying with that person. You won't always share hobbies, but there has to be some space for each of you to follow your own interests without constant disapproval and pressure to change. If you can't find a balance where you each get to do your own stuff now, this is not going to be helpful for later (and will likely mean there isn't a later).

Obviously, this goes both ways, but you already did the first things of talking it through and putting the spider in a set room. Do make sure you don't pressure her to be in that room or see the spider. Respect that she doesn't want to be involved and also make sure you're not a jerk about any of her interests that you don't like very much. In return, make it clear you don't expect to be pressured to give away your pet.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
look mate man up and tell the woman:"...um well I fell...that maybe my spider is important to me too...maybe."

wait til she off the dot and giver something nice and talk about how good she is about the spider situation.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Are you living by yourself yet? Or do you have a room in your parents house? If it's the latter, it might be difficult to solve since the spider is there, and you guys will be hanging out there as well. If this is the case, you could place it in a cupboard or place a piece of cloth over it so she doesn't see it.
But this is as far as I would be willing to go, to be honest, especially if she gave the okay to get one.

Her family needs to shut up, it is none of their concern. They probably are riling her up about it with scary stories and stuff.

My husband doesn't like spiders or snakes, and while I asked if he was okay with me getting them, I do not need permission to be in a hobby. He collects knives, which I don’t like, especially with our little girl around, so we now have two rooms with a lock on the door. I would never tell him to stop his hobby (as long as it is safe, of course) and I would definitely have serious doubts about our compatibility if he would try to forbid me. That would not end well.

If you have a place of your own, just put the spider in a different room where she has no business, or not a lot, and tell her to stay away from there.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Are you living by yourself yet? Or do you have a room in your parents house? If it's the latter, it might be difficult to solve since the spider is there, and you guys will be hanging out there as well. If this is the case, you could place it in a cupboard or place a piece of cloth over it so she doesn't see it.
But this is as far as I would be willing to go, to be honest, especially if she gave the okay to get one.

Her family needs to shut up, it is none of their concern. They probably are riling her up about it with scary stories and stuff.

My husband doesn't like spiders or snakes, and while I asked if he was okay with me getting them, I do not need permission to be in a hobby. He collects knives, which I don’t like, especially with our little girl around, so we now have two rooms with a lock on the door. I would never tell him to stop his hobby (as long as it is safe, of course) and I would definitely have serious doubts about our compatibility if he would try to forbid me. That would not end well.

If you have a place of your own, just put the spider in a different room where she has no business, or not a lot, and tell her to stay away from there.
He's 15, he isn't even legally an adult yet. Just a wee ben

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think that your husband and me would get along well :)
Not sure about that, he likes those tacky shiny knives with those wild edges and stuff. You're more into classics iirc?

He's 15, he isn't even legally an adult yet. Just a wee ben
You're Scottish I think? I like how Scottish Gaelic and Frisian have sort of the same words fore some things. We call kids 'berns' which isn't such a stretch from 'bairns' in Gaelic :)

Some kids are mature for their age, but 15 is a bit young, agreed. In that case OP your gf just needs to suck it up that you keep a spider under a cloth or something...

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
but 15 is a bit young, agreed. In that case OP your gf just needs to suck it up that you keep a spider under a cloth or something...
Meh who needs a girlfriend at 15. At that age a spider will be around a lot longer than she will.

I vote keep the spider.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
As another teen with a “scary” centipede and other pets, I can say it’s gonna be luck of the draw to find a significant other interested in the same things you are. If a guy made me choose between my pets and him, I’d probably choose my pets.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
You're Scottish I think? I like how Scottish Gaelic and Frisian have sort of the same words fore some things. We call kids 'berns' which isn't such a stretch from 'bairns' in Gaelic :)

Some kids are mature for their age, but 15 is a bit young, agreed. In that case OP your gf just needs to suck it up that you keep a spider under a cloth or something...
I am not Scottish, I am near the borders though.