1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Toriii, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Toriii

Toriii Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi! I’m just wondering if you can help me.
    I purchased a rainforest scorpion over a year ago. Rainforest Scorpion (Hormurus waigiensis)
    My scorpion hasn’t moved for over 24 hours. It’s out in the open in the tank. I’ve sprayed a bit of water and did a tiny nudge with no movement. She hasnt yet molted since I got her. Her tail is pointing up like she will strike. And her legs under her body.
    I’ve given food with no effect yet.
    I’ve tried researching online to see if she is dead or playing dead. Or is she molting in the open?
    Is there anything else I should try? Or is it to late.
    The place I got her, doesn’t sell them anymore and have yet to offer advice.

I feel so bad! And so stressed!

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnosquire Active Member

UK
    Scorpions do molt in the open, you can tell if its ready to molt it will look so fat as if its ready to pop. If you have had the scorpion for over 12 months husbandry must be okay, however if you have had it for that length of time and it was wild caught it may be fairly old.
    Make sure the scorpion has access to fresh water, try a food item once a week and leave well alone, only time will tell now - best of luck.

3. Toriii

Toriii Arachnopeon

Thanks.

She still hasn’t moved. It’s been 72 hours. No smell. Tail is not stiff. I think she has passed. I’ll wait another few days just in case.
    I bought it from a breeder.... but I guess that doesn’t mean she was young.
    She was fat at Christmas but looks really skinny now....

Thanks for your help.