Help!!!

Manduhyo

Arachnopeon
I just came home and I'm pretty sure corona is eating her eggs, which is odd because scorpions have live births. She is considerably smaller than usual though so i figure that's what it could be. I keep her well fed and i put water in her dish so i don't think she was in need of resources. Is this normal? Or has this happened to anyone before? I tried to take a picture but the flash kinda distorted the colors, if you have difficulty viewing it.

Attachments

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Not 100% sure so dont take my word but looks like she has aborted and is eating them, maybe there was something wrong with the brood or her. Scorpions will eat their young for many reasons. Had a one that ate her whole brood the other week!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It happens from time to time with scorps. Sometimes it's obvious why they did it, other times not so much. Did you get her recently? Stress is usually the biggest thing that causes them to abort.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
That is usually a sign something is wrong with her conditions and is most likely a heat issue or they were unfertlized eggs
Try giving her more heat and pairing her again

Manduhyo

Arachnopeon
It happens from time to time with scorps. Sometimes it's obvious why they did it, other times not so much. Did you get her recently? Stress is usually the biggest thing that causes them to abort.
I got her in january. When i first got her she was a little stressed and refused food for a couple weeks until she got acclimated to her new tank. I can't think of any reason now for her to be stressed

Manduhyo

Arachnopeon
That is usually a sign something is wrong with her conditions and is most likely a heat issue or they were unfertlized eggs
Try giving her more heat and pairing her again
It did get a little colder than usual in my room this past week but the hot side of her tank is in the 80s. She's actually hiding on the cool side of the tank right now. Should i be worried?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
It did get a little colder than usual in my room this past week but the hot side of her tank is in the 80s. She's actually hiding on the cool side of the tank right now. Should i be worried?
Temperature fluctuations can be a part of it but I've had temp issues lately myself and still had normal broods happening so it's really hard to say especially since you've only had her for a short time
she could have been kept too cool or not paired enough to fully fertilize her eggs or she could even be old and just rejecting them since she may not have the time or energy to produce viable offspring

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I just came home and I'm pretty sure corona is eating her eggs, which is odd because scorpions have live births. She is considerably smaller than usual though so i figure that's what it could be. I keep her well fed and i put water in her dish so i don't think she was in need of resources. Is this normal? Or has this happened to anyone before? I tried to take a picture but the flash kinda distorted the colors, if you have difficulty viewing it.
It does happen now and then as others have said.

Try pairing again in a few weeks?