help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant

Arachnopeon
im the type of person to just tell the doc a random spider bite me in the park
So your entire arm is in spasm, you're sweating hot and cold, you feel sick and you're telling me that rather than tell the professionals EXACTLY what species bit you so you can receive the correct treatment, you're going to lie? You've shown your naivety in this thread from start to finish.

millz

Arachnopeon
So your entire arm is in spasm, you're sweating hot and cold, you feel sick and you're telling me that rather than tell the professionals EXACTLY what species bit you so you can receive the correct treatment, you're going to lie? You've shown your naivety in this thread from start to finish.
i was being sarcastic

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1033.JPG

Rehousing her went well some guy told me I should feed everyday doesn't sound right to me what do you think?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

boina

Lady of the mites
I don't even know why I'm trying to save this sling since you seem dead set on knowing everything better than anyone else and doing as many things wrong as possible but here goes:

1. Wrong box: should be higher than wide - like, for arboreals...
2. Airholes: many, many more
3. Wrong hide: they don't like leaves like Avics but need something more substantial (e.g. cork bark) to hide/burrow behind to feel safe
4. Too big: from what I've heard these are not the most vicious hunters. You will have problems to get your sling to feed in there.
5. And of course it looks dripping wet instead of moist

I said the sling would be dead in a month - boy was I optimistic.

Edit: Ok, I've just decided you must be trolling. There's just no way anyone would do a setup like that for H. mac and be serious about it.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Edit: Ok, I've just decided you must be trolling. There's just no way anyone would do a setup like that for H. mac and be serious about it.
I really hope it's not a troll. I am not sure how I will be able to adhere to forum regulations if this poor sling was badly housed for the sake of getting a reaction.

Nosiris

Arachnosquire
Seriously millz mate: Why are you continuing to post here when you're ignoring every single piece of advice you're given?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nah... that enclosure is perfect, period. Perfect. After all, in the case of a bite, it's just a "random spider jumped out from the park" like not even Albert DeSalvo, aka 'Boston Strangler" :troll:

Seriously, like others said, we are talking about an arboreal millz.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Message_1504892930398.jpg 20170906_132322.jpg
Millz that is what you want for a arboreal sling. I got the container on the bottom from the dollar store and the top pic was a $2 amac box. I would probably go more for the bottom pic size as you probably don't want to rehouse that bad boy too often. You got everything you need except the vertical container.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I really hope it's not a troll.
Oh, non può essere un 'Troll' ma nemmeno un 'Ghoul' let alone altre Nordiche creature del folklore mia cara amica :)

I know, right? Perché Imma <-- also an Italian female name -- da best Troll ever che esiste, like not even the second Elvis Presley that lived in quel di Pavia once come se fosse Piacenza, more or less, eating (mangiando) Pisarei e fasò like there's no "domani" :kiss:

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Oh, non può essere un 'Troll' ma nemmeno un 'Ghoul' let alone altre Nordiche creature del folklore mia cara amica :)

I know, right? Perché Imma <-- also an Italian female name -- da best Troll ever che esiste, like not even the second Elvis Presley that lived in quel di Pavia once come se fosse Piacenza, more or less, eating (mangiando) Pisarei e fasò like there's no "domani" :kiss:

Questo commento mi ha fatto capire che ho dimenticato molto del mio italiano, devo chiaramente parlare con mia madre. Also I now want to eat Pisarei e faso like there's no tomorrow. I am not sure if the "internet troll", ghoul, goblin or plain old garden gnome features in Scandinavian folklore. I just hope OP has actually made a genuine silly mistake with their OW T instead of subjecting it to a miserable set up just to make us react.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I mean, here we are concerned for millz Theraphosidae that "risk to die", the venom, why if you got bitten, whatever... all logical and legit questions/issues, uh, don't get me wrong.

Just that OP is a 17 years old and if he is only just slightly like I was back then (so 21 years ago! :banghead:) he's probably laughing the hell out reading this while listening to 'Black Sabbath' old good Ozzy 'Paranoid' :)

"Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time..."

la la la :bored:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
You are kidding, right? There is not a single spider in the whole of North America who's bite makes similar symptoms. And believe me, once you are in that kind of pain all your noble intentions are forgotten anyway because all you will want is help - the faster the better - and a doctor can and will only properly help you once he knows what he's dealing with. Go, read the bite reports.
Uhm...H.maculata is an arboreal species. Your set up is terrestrial...you're going to need to rehouse it again. Can you please at least read some care info before you do that?
Nah... that enclosure is perfect, period. Perfect. After all, in the case of a bite, it's just a "random spider jumped out from the park" like not even Albert DeSalvo, aka 'Boston Strangler" :troll:

Seriously, like others said, we are talking about an arboreal millz.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
It is because of Italian recipes that I happily eat otherwise not so popular vegetables.

But yeah back on the topic, I think OP has had all the advice he can get, hopefully it is taken on board.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It is because of Italian recipes that I happily eat otherwise not so popular vegetables.
Aw, we are of best, Grace. Of best :)

But yeah back on the topic, I think OP has had all the advice he can get, hopefully it is taken on board.
Very true. But for remain on topic here we probably need mans like Father Damien Karras ah ah. But even borrowing him, that would be a good match since a certain Italian yellow smiley face is "living" here :angelic:

Nah, you're right, you're right. "Be a good boy, be a good boy, Chris" u_u

miilz has all the info/s he need but (like the sage of the snowy/windy mountain said) only if he's brave enough (enoug in Italian spell since as you know we read literally) for read entirely the thread he created.

Then he will rise as a warrior and see the light like not even the dwarves of the ancient Roccabruna mine!

In the meantime :rofl: (I'm certain you will get this)

Doc hey Doc...
"I am a man who walks alone,
And when I'm walking a dark road,
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark

Spider in the park! Spider in the park!
I have a constant fear that something's eight legged is always near
Trip to E.R, Trip to E.R

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
It's because you probably never ate this Italian delicatessen coming straight from Grace Cannell family Italian lovely corner area (my region neighbours) Cora :)

Pisarei e Fasò u_u

That's looks amazing! I'm gonna have to try to make that.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
OK, Millz, let's see if I can try to help you on as many fronts as possible:

No one is trying to upset you. Many of the more prominent users fall into a number of categories, and you can figure out the best way to deal with many of them by figuring out what category they fall into.
Chris is our resident pervert, always making jokes and derailing threads. However, if you can get him to stay on topic he has a whole lot of info on old world Ts and how to keep them from taking a chunk out of you. Play along with his shenanigans, but mention your original point at the end of your post and he will usually remember to give you a nugget of valuble info.
Next are the long time posters who come here everyday and helped originally set up this site. These guys are like the magistrates or "Old wise men", even though most of them aren't actually that old. These guys have spent huge sums of money and significant portions of their lives keeping, studying, and discussing tarantulas. They might not always be up to date on the newest thing in T keeping (although they often are,) but these guys have so huge a wealth of practical info that if you can get them to warm up to you they can be an unbelievable resource. They see people in the same situation as you, day after day, and can sometimes just give up and tell you to go away and grow up. Honestly, once you cool down and ask them nicely without attitude, these guys love to dump as much sweet, sweet knowledge on you as they can fit in a post.
Next is the intermediate poster. They are the "middle class", the young adults who decided to get that pet they always wanted as a kid, and have dedicatedly learned as much as they could to keep their new pet. these guys are just everyday people who log on every now and see what's up. They might not be huge stores of vast knowledge, but they are great for knowing people and as a general directory. Talk to them as you would a normal adult, politely but casually.
Then their's people like you and me, the teenagers who get exited one day and buy a cool new tarantula. Some of us like me get lucky and grab a new world that will calmly and steadily do the standard "pet rock" and survive whatever conditions we put them through until we figure out how to care for them properly. Others like you get unlucky and receive a delicate old world that ether dies before you figure out proper care, or bites us and puts us in the hospital and firmly out of the tarantula hobbies.
Please, listen to the above people and just ignore the standard "Kids these days" or "I hope it dies before it bites you" posts. Anyone here longer than a few months learns that post like your first one pop up like clockwork after an expo happens anywhere. We stop thinking about new people as actual people, and more as a stereotypical abstract thing on the other side of a computer screen.

Proper care for an H. maculata is to put it in a tall, clear plastic container like a peanut butter or mayo jar. If it is in a square container, the sides should be three times the leg span of your tarantula each. if it's round, the diameter should be four or five times the diameter. height of the container should be one and a half to twice the width. Erre on the side of large, as you don't want to rehouse this little guy too often, as it can stress them out. Put sub strait down to a little more than the leg span of your T, and put a good solid piece of cork bark in that your T can easily squeeze past. put in some fake leaves or sphagnum moss for cover, and a water dish that won't dry out before you remember to fill it. Condiment cups, water bottle/ milk jug lids, and other small, dish or cup shaped containers work great. wet the sub strait until is an even, slightly darker shade. leave it for a little while for the humidity and water to balance out, and then introduce your T carefully. Feed them once every three or four days when they're little, once a week as a juvinile, and as little as once a month when they're adult sized.
Please stick around, we really are a nice community when we don't get riled up about something or another.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
My man do you think 'you' will manage to win or maybe draw at Dallas (MLS)? :)
Man, tough question. Seattle hasn't lost since June 28th, 11 games with no losses. That being said, Dallas has been a tough place to play for them. Jordan Morris hurt his hamstring and is out for several weeks (he's had a tough year anyway), and there in game momentum has been fading. That being said, Dallas hasn't been that great. Roman Torres is out from a red card the last game. Tough call. I'd be happy with a draw and the point on the road. The West is tight once again this year. How about that for a breakdown?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Man, tough question. Seattle hasn't lost since June 28th, 11 games with no losses. That being said, Dallas has been a tough place to play for them. Jordan Morris hurt his hamstring and is out for several weeks (he's had a tough year anyway), and there in game momentum has been fading. That being said, Dallas hasn't been that great. Roman Torres is out from a red card the last game. Tough call. I'd be happy with a draw and the point on the road. The West is tight once again this year. How about that for a breakdown?
Thanks my friend, very helpful. I will play a good 'X2' for Seattle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.