help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
hello children the very bestt tarantula keeper is back... better than the pros you already know :kiss::cigar: diy enclosure rigth there
An eight year old at the last expo did a better job than that and he walked in not knowing a thing about tarantulas.
Even though they tend to stick closer to the ground when young, they should be given a vertical piece of cork bark. The trick is not to have to rehouse them more than absolutely necessary. If they are given spiderling and juvenile appropriate containers, with both some floor space for when they are really young and vertical space when they reach that juvenile stage when they want it - that limits the amount of times you have to rehouse and risk losing your tarantula... since you are a very good candidate for that happening to. Plus, it is less stressful for them. You should try to make it so that the next enclosure it goes into is their permanent adult home... if they are still around.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Ah, had not looked at it that way. I thought you were referring to the intellectual capabilities of teenagers :p
Hah, no! I don't think they're -stupid- I just think they can make some really stupid choices and -act- stupid. There's a difference between being stupid and acting stupidly. We can all act stupidly. We're human, after all.

millz

Arachnopeon
Stop feeding this Thread. Let it fade.
this thread isnt a troll im going to be posting my hmacs life in here hate me or not i know you guys want too see that

Ah, damn... I don't want, but I have to ask for the sake of the spider... any ventilation?
you need ventilation?

lol jk but yea the lid has a million holes in it i tried putting on the side but i broke two containers trying

Last edited by a moderator:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
In all seriousness, you should use a needle held over a candle flame or purchase a cheap variable temperature soldering iron and use the lowest setting for very thin plastic like a deli container. I use a soldering iron to add ventilation to all of my enclosures.

Those enclosures are also a good example of what your set up for an H. mac should look like, but with substrate that is more moist.

millz

Arachnopeon
In all seriousness, you should use a needle held over a candle flame or purchase a cheap variable temperature soldering iron and use the lowest setting for very thin plastic like a deli container. I use a soldering iron to add ventilation to all of my enclosures.

Those enclosures are also a good example of what your set up for an H. mac should look like, but with substrate that is more moist.
i will copy your enclosure

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Honestly, I'm not sure. Because that -is- something people talk about when working with T. stirmi. He's just a kid, it's plausible he just assimilated that into this.
I'm younger than him and haven't ever had a tarantula and even I know that this is a bad idea.

Hey! I don't share credit! It was I, and I alone! ;)

Actually, I remarked to somebody during another kerfluffle that my nonsense would probably look pretty good these days. Maybe it was in the infamous "bass guitar" thread...
I remember that (pokie handling, right?). It was interesting and disturbing all at the same time.

I've used simple sewing pins for lids in the thicker deli cups, which is more convenient than the fire/soldering iron, but they don't work for the sides. They do work on the flimsier cups and medicine bottles, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
This thread is still going?!?! Lololololol

How much did you pay for that OBT? Sling, juvie, or adult?

Your H mac sling will burrow and make dirt curtains.

This whole thing is negative attention seeking, from both sides honestly. Laughable...

Swoop

Arachnosquire
This thread is fantastic. Heroes, villains, a strong female lead, an Italian jester, dangerous beasts, and beloved mentor characters like EulersK riding off into the sunset to parts unknown. Top notch, riveting stuff :bookworm:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
This thread is fantastic. Heroes, villains, a strong female lead, an Italian jester, dangerous beasts, and beloved mentor characters like EulersK riding off into the sunset to parts unknown. Top notch, riveting stuff :bookworm:
I'm thinking blockbuster trilogy, summer 2019. We'll have to get it fast tracked.

millz

Arachnopeon
This thread is still going?!?! Lololololol

How much did you pay for that OBT? Sling, juvie, or adult?

Your H mac sling will burrow and make dirt curtains.

This whole thing is negative attention seeking, from both sides honestly. Laughable...
i ended up not getting it i was going to trade my pacman frog for it and yea atleast some one sees its not just me

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
i ended up not getting it i was going to trade my pacman frog for it and yea atleast some one sees its not just me
It's not just you...wait did you just admit that you're seeking negative attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.