HELP!

Ethan Kanost

Arachnopeon
My scorpion just had 17 babies and I have no idea how to care for these babies, they got knocked off of her back and I have relocated them and I'm super stressed out on what to do any feedback is much appreciated.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
What species is your scorpion? You should definitely keep them separate the from the mother and feed the babies pin head crickets. Do not give them a water dish if the scorpions need moisture/water use a spray bottle to lightly mist but this is dependent on species.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Have they molted to second instar yet? If they look like little gummies, they are still first instar, if they look like small scorpions they have molted and they should be fine.

If it is the former, there is a good chance they won't survive without being on the mother's back. You can try 2 different things: first, try and put them back on the mother's back and see if she accepts them. Or, find a small deli cup or tupperware, place a moist (not wet) paper towel at the bottom and then place the first instars inside. There have been a lot of people who have gotten this method to work.

Mila

Arachnoknight
If you own a black light shine a black light on them and if they glow they've molted and are ok on their own. If they don't glow then they don't have a cuticle yet and you should follow the above steps

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My scorpion just had 17 babies and I have no idea how to care for these babies, they got knocked off of her back and I have relocated them and I'm super stressed out on what to do any feedback is much appreciated.
What species?
Were they moving around on their own or still gummy and not moving much ?