Help!!!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If you're not skilled at drilling or melting holes in plastic, a Kritter Keeper also works great. ;)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I used a staple gun to fix the screen do you think that's okay?
Not really. The screen is a risk of itself if used in a terrestrial set up. If your spider climbs, it can get its tarsal claws (reaaaaally tiny pincher-shaped hooks at the end of each leg) stuck in it. This can result in a spider dangling from his ceiling, so to speak, possibly losing the leg, and if it falls from that height like you have it now, it could possibly fall to its death.
Also, and you may already have noticed, spiders can chew through said screen, resulting in another escape.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not really. The screen is a risk of itself if used in a terrestrial set up. If your spider climbs, it can get its tarsal claws (reaaaaally tiny pincher-shaped hooks at the end of each leg) stuck in it. This can result in a spider dangling from his ceiling, so to speak, possibly losing the leg, and if it falls from that height like you have it now, it could possibly fall to its death.
Also, and you may already have noticed, spiders can chew through said screen, resulting in another escape.
I can attest to this in that my very first tarantula died from a five inch fall off a screen, it does not take much.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I can attest to this in that my very first tarantula died from a five inch fall off a screen, it does not take much.
Thank you so much for sharing that!
Sometimes people go against that, saying that the risk is minimal and they've never heard of it happening.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you so much for sharing that!
Sometimes people go against that, saying that the risk is minimal and they've never heard of it happening.
Yes, his death was not in vain to further the knowledge brigade of all future children of the arachneonvoid, may all kin benefit from it.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
where would I get that type of enclosure?
These Exo Terra Breeding Boxes work well for terrestrials. The plastic is clear. The lid has both a smaller lid and a feeding hatch, so you don't have to remove the whole lid for most maintenance.

Whatever you use, try to give your tarantula about 3 times its legspan in horizontal space. Limit vertical space to no more than 1.5 times its legspan.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor