Help!

jpiteira

Arachnopeon
I'm more of a tarantula guy than a scorpion guy, so i'm not very good with names, but i saw one scorpion that got me interested, now here's the stupid description and i hope for a maybe impossible reply: yellow-ish with a very odd looking tail, very different from other scorps. thanks

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where did you see this scorpion? Did the specimen have a disc-like second metasomal (tail) segment?

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
could be a yellow fat tail, Androctonus australis? Need more details tho man, what was odd about the tail, and what makes it different from the usual species in the trade?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Try typing in the location you saw the scorp and "scorpion" at google images and see if you can find what you saw. That's how a lot of people on the internet sound like geniuses with their replies haha.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
Could be a Centruroides sp., Androctonus sp., Parabuthus sp., Hadrurus sp., Opistophthalmus sp., Hottentotta sp., and more.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The description sounds like Apistobuthus pterygocercus because of his use of generalizations: it seems that A. pterygocercus resembles the scorpion that he noticed because of the 'odd looking tail' as a distinguishing characteristic from 'other species'. It's quite vague...

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
That species may be a possibility since he is in Europe. It is a pretty rare species though.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That species may be a possibility since he is in Europe. It is a pretty rare species though.
Well, the way he described it, he was vague enough that he never said anything about a species in the hobby. It was just 'I saw one scorpion that got me interested'. It could have been a picture. OP, any more help? You really can't leave us guessing like this; if you want help, you have to give us some more information!

Olsin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well caught Tu......you've got to wonder just how those scorp's get their 2nd segment through the 1st when shedding :?

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well caught Tu......you've got to wonder just how those scorp's get their 2nd segment through the 1st when shedding :?
Good point. The wonders of nature...maybe the exuvia just breaks?

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
The scorpion is so soft that he can fits their "easily" through. Often the stinger is absolutely straight after a molt and sometimes even the pedipalp fingers are a bit twisted. After molting it takes some time until the stinger get it's typical curve and the pedipalps "untwist" again. I guess the segment of theses scorpions are also very soft and flexible.
Btw the same "proplem" a emperor does have with his pedipalps which are much bigger than the "arm" ;-)

Olsin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Btw the same "proplem" a emperor does have with his pedipalps which are much bigger than the "arm" ;-)
Good point....i'd still like to see that scorp moulting though...;)

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
Good point....i'd still like to see that scorp moulting though...;)
No doubt that i would love to see that to because like a said its also interesting to see the stinger and pedipalps in "unusual" twisted way. But i doubt that i will ever have the luck to see on of these scorpions live so the chance that i can observe a molting is nearly at zero.