1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by kripp_keeper, Dec 16, 2009.

1. kripp_keeper

kripp_keeper Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Sorry for double threads, but I'm a bit concerned, and not sure what to do. I just got a tailless whip scorpion today, and its "belly" is red and swollen. If anyone could tell me what wrong with it it would be very appreciated.

I really hope its not dying.:confused:

[​IMG]

2. paul fleming

paul fleming Arachnoangel

Know zip about them mate but it don't look good,
    I may be tempted for the freezer.
    Wait and and see though......

3. kripp_keeper

I bought it from a pet store today, so I will be getting my money back. I'm pretty pissed I have been wanting one for a long time. Its in a $70 exo-terra terrarium with a 30 dollar fake bell for a hide. I do a lot of business with the pet store, and it pisses me off to think they would sell me something dying.:mad:

I really hope its not, but this is my first one and I have never seen this or heard of it from anyone i talked with.

4. John Apple

John Apple Just a guy Old Timer

absolutely nothing is wrong with 'her' that smooth shiny spot has a lotta eggs under it.

5. kripp_keeper

That a relief sorta. I didn't think she was even big enough to have babies yet. That guy was pretty rough when he handled her at the store i hope he didnt damage anything:wall:

6. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachnoemperor

i was wondering about that, apple. i saw that earlier but don't have a lot of experience, so i didn't say anything. you might have yourself some babies soon if that's what it turns out to be!!

7. kripp_keeper

is it supposed to be red like that?

8. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachnoemperor

9. John Apple

John Apple Just a guy Old Timer

She is just fine...just leave her alone in a well secluded aquarium or one with a lott hide spots and you will be a grand parent:)
    feed her crix half the size of her abdomen right now.

10. kripp_keeper

she has a hiding spot.

Her enclosure.
    [​IMG]
    The bell is hollow.

11. kripp_keeper

if anyone knows how long it takes for the eggs to hatch, how long to first molt, and how many babies they have. It would be really helpful.