Help!

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Guys!
Well I went to feed my T's tonight and my half inch versi sling was in a death curl in his web! :( I have no idea why. I have another one, same size and setup, right beside him and hes fine. I was prodding at him with my finger and he would just slowly walk away from me and go ball up. :( :? :( Whats going on? What should I do??

THanks!

nickn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not quite sure. I know slings just like to die much more easy, I was talking with a new friend today about avics and he said even in proper care some times his just died on him..

Could just be bad luck? Sorry

This is what worrys me about getting a sling, not the money just the chance of death easier.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It sounds like it may be molting if it's reacting to your prodding it. Do a search and look at pics of death curls and molting spiders.

It'll give you something to do while you "leave the sling alone" until you are sure it's really a death curl. If there is no molt or improvement by tomorrow, put it in an ICU...

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
make sure the temp is good, and the little dude is well hydrated. not much else you can do besides that. hopefully it's preparing for a molt (but you should be able to tell from the darkening and stretching of the abdomen), but be aware that some tiny avic slings just die for some reason...