1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help WORST fungus case

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Kimora, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:00 AM.

1. Kimora

Kimora Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    2 days ago, someone gave me a new T. Stirmi. I didn’t want to disturb her so I left her alone and quiet.

Today, I wanted to make "the presentations" and I see her in position to moult.

But she is COVERED with fungus. The T looks like a cotton ball. As she is moulting, I don’t know what to do. It’s the first, but I’m sure the worst case I have to deal with.

The problem will be solved after her moult? I need your opinion. What I have to do? Thank you so much.

2. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

Probably covered herself in urticating hairs, they sometimes do this and it does look like mould.
    Post pics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. Spidermolt

Spidermolt Arachnoknight

I agree, though I've never had one I've heard that Stirmis will cover themselves which will looks like fungus at a quick glance. Pictures???

4. Kimora

Kimora Arachnopeon

4E272B78-B9EF-45BC-9CC0-EFED7CE62799.jpeg 9920CBCA-2291-41B3-9932-0D0D19A679C1.jpeg FED1546D-CBF0-4FD5-98BA-7436762CDE0B.jpeg

I have 4 stirmi and one Blondii there and I have never seen this O_O

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019 at 10:55 AM
  5. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

That's not fungus as T. stirmi will often use their uricating hairs as a defense when molting, since they are vulnerable during molting. And yes, it appears as a fuzz like substance, but is actually just their uricating hairs, so nothing to worry about. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

That’s setae.

Also fungus wouldn’t grow that dense in 2 days, highly unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kimora

Kimora Arachnopeon

Wow there is a first time at all :playful: Thank you so much guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Here is a video of the process, enjoy. BTW dont breath them in or get them in your eyes. They will be all over in the sub and on the decorations.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kimora

Kimora Arachnopeon

Thank you so much! The video is awesome.

10. Darth Molt

Darth Molt Arachnopeon Active Member

Wow I’ve never seen this before very cool

• Like Like x 1