HELP with Scorpion Molting.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
What can I do to help my baby scorpion?
He's still Molting after 20 hours. Stuck in the front part of itself.

At times I'm spraying with a misting fan to help humidity.
That doesn't look good. There isn't much you can do if it's not caught in time.

Antwon

Arachnopeon
I hope the little guy makes it best to you both. I'm not sure as I'm new to the hobby and these are scorpions but when I have a case of stuck shed or molt I try my best to lightly help little by little if needed. I use very small tongs or tweezers trying carefully to pull a little bit at a time as to not injur. if it feels firm mist just a bit not to much and come back every so often to check on progress but im not sure in this case. molting requires lots of time and energy if it's stuck it's going to keep trying and over exert itself. If necessary correct me if I'm wrong im a newbie

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
This is one of those cases where you can try to intervene by using small tweezers and cotton buds to carefully try and help it molt. The problem is catching it early enough before the new exo starts to harden in which case there's a low chance of survival. I've seen a few scorplings get stuck in this part of the molt and it generally doesn't end well. Now you have to make a decision on whether to intervene and try to carefully aid the process or leave it and see what happens. If it was me personally, the tweezers and cotton buds would be coming out because in my view (not necessarily the right one) the odds of survival in scorpions stuck in a molt is very low. Just remember that if you do decide to try and help and the scorpion dies, it had a very high chance of dying before you intervened so don't beat yourself up about it. It happens in nature and will continue to happen in captivity. All the best, hope it pulls through.