Help with pacman frog?

Hi, so i've had my pacman frog for about 7 months and he is a little over a year old. He's housed in a 10 gallon tank with eco earth, a water dish, decor, and a 40 watt nighttime bulb, which he only got a few days ago. For about a month and a half- two months he's been completely buried at the bottom and I haven't seen him surface once. I have dug him up a few times to get him to eat but I stopped bc he would get really angry and stressed and wouldn't eat much. I've checked on his weight and he hasn't lost any at all and doesn't seem to have anything abnormal on his body. I've tried leaving feeders in there overnight and none are eaten. His tank is misted multiple times daily w/ chlorinated water. I don't know what to do, can someone help?

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
He might be preparing to shed or might just be a pacman frog lol, they do stuff like this all the time from what i've seen. I would ask a frog forum to make sure though.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Heating bulbs and amphibians don't mix. They dry out the air. Your frog might just be burrowing down in the moist substrate because he's too dry.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
It sounds to me like you might have triggered his aestivation, perhaps because of the heat and dryness of the heat lamp. Either way, I agree with Basin that burrowing is a response to dryness.
Aestivation, though, is normal and not a cause for concern.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
I hope you meant de-chlorinated water. Frogs skin is extremely sensitive and chlorine is not good.