Help with ID

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
IMG_3971.JPG IMG_3969.JPG IMG_3967.JPG IMG_3966.JPG I was on a night walk in the rainforest and doing my usual poking around when I turned over a rock I found 3 little spiders. Since I'm in Australia I'm not expecting a conclusive ID but a bit of help in the right direction would be appreciated. I photographed the biggest of the 3, My first thought was some kind of trapdoor but its spinnerets seem too long. I'm at a loss but I'm hoping it's a baby that will grow because it has some interesting patterns.
After playing around with some keys I believe it to be a paraembolides boysie seems to match in most aspects except home range.

Last edited:

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
IMG_3986.JPG Well the little guy ate a pinhead cricket 2nd night I had him then it shed last night so it seems to be settling in

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Dang I wanna go to Australia so bad it makes me sick. Wish I could help ya, very very cool though.

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
It believe it to be Hexathelidae Paraembolides boysie possibly a sub specie or new population. In any case very little info on it so I'll treat it like a mini T and see how it goes.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
It believe it to be Hexathelidae Paraembolides boysie possibly a sub specie or new population. In any case very little info on it so I'll treat it like a mini T and see how it goes.
Think your right, I looked those up, good call.