Help with custom enclosure lid

Benny8legs

Arachnopeon
I still have the metal mesh lid for my T's enclosure, and I'm looking to replace it by doing it myeslf, but I need some advice.

I'm planning on measuring the width and length of the screen, along with its thickness, so I can get a sizable piece of acrylic glass or something that'll fit. Then I want to drill some holes in each side for ventilation, and attach a handle so it can be slid out easily.

My issue is that I live in a school apartment and don't have any power tools to drill the holes in the lid myself, and these will be the only holes for the enclosure as I have a 5g glass terrarium.

Any suggestions/advice on where I could get the materials for my lid and also have the holes made for me?

Theneil

Arachnoprince
See if you can find a really cheap soldering iron or foam cutter and use it to melt holes. they come out nice with no sharp edges. only down side is it probably isn't great to breath in the smoke while you are doing it so try to be outside.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Also, are there any shop classes at your school? if there is an auto or wood shop them i am sure they would have a drill. If there is by chance a machine shop then they could make it all fancy for you. ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A drill is easy to use, even a hand drill can make fine holes in plastic. If you can work a pencil sharpener, you can drill your own holes manually.