help with centipede

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon
Hello I got some Scolopendra Subspinipes "taiwanese high red" from a friend of mine. they came in the mail and are doing good except for one is barely moving and wont eat. He kind of just sits in one spot. When I get him to move it takes a while from him to actually start going. I just want to know if its sick or just needs to rest or something. It hasn't ate in like 2 weeks

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
im not a big centipede guy, only had one for about 7 months now. i do know that they can go lot longer than 2 weeks though.
maybe the preys a little big.

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon
yeah I just figured he would be hungry after not eating for that long. its about 6 inches give or take

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
From the picture the enclosure looks IMO little. They need inches of substrate and a lot of hiding places... they love to be pet hole, when not hungry. There's cork bark, fake leaves, hides of all sorts inside? :-s

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon
I'll have to ask the person I got them from to see if that is a possibility. For the time being I will change up his/her enclosure and add some bark

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
yeah he is in a temporary enclosure.
You can't be sure about that, maybe 'he' is a 'she'. And, as I've said, maybe a gravid female as well (you would be lucky, btw).

But the important thing is... why in a temporary enclosure? :-s

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon
You can't be sure about that, maybe 'he' is a 'she'. And, as I've said, maybe a gravid female as well (you would be lucky, btw).

if it is a gravid female I would be extremely happy.

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon

sorry I didn't see the question. I just dont have a larger enclosure for him/her at the moment. so until I get another that is where I have her. I could add more soil but she isn't digging much atm anyway. as I said it's just laying there and moving every so often. The others are in bigger enclosures and are digging and exploring but they had more energy than this one did from the beginning

styrafoamcow

Arachnopeon
he/she is eating now so I guess he is alright. guess I was worried for nothing. I hope I can breed them because they are beautiful!

Attachments