Help! What is this stuff?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I just noticed this in between the enclosure sides and the substrate of my A. chalcodes enclosure. It wasn't there a couple of days ago because she sealed herself in 3 weeks ago and I peek in the hole she left every couple days to check on her. Unfortunately the substrate is still damp about 1/2 way down because I got the enclosure and the spider on the same day, I've had her about 5 weeks.

Is this fungus? Do I need to dig her out and replace the substrate, or dig her out and stir it up or dry it out? I hate to disturb her if I don't have to. Help!!! weird stuff 1.jpg weird stuff 2.jpg

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I just noticed this in between the enclosure sides and the substrate of my A. chalcodes enclosure. It wasn't there a couple of days ago because she sealed herself in 3 weeks ago and I peek in the hole she left every couple days to check on her. Unfortunately the substrate is still damp about 1/2 way down because I got the enclosure and the spider on the same day, I've had her about 5 weeks.

Is this fungus? Do I need to dig her out and replace the substrate, or dig her out and stir it up or dry it out? I hate to disturb her if I don't have to. Help!!! View attachment 257466 View attachment 257467
It's mycelium.. You are going to start seeing shrooms pop up soon.. Just pick them out when you see them..

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
It's mycelium.. You are going to start seeing shrooms pop up soon.. Just pick them out when you see them..
Thanks,that seems to be the general consensus. I just haven't seen anything like it in any of my enclosures, not even the really humid ones.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I agree with others, tho it is a bit odd that it grew there.