HELP! What happened?

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So i checked my C. fasciatum that i bred cage tonight to find this....

What happened?! Did it hatch and all the little ones are around my house? Or did she eat it? Or did i disturb her while she was in the middle of making the sac? She still looks pretty fat, but i dont know what to compare it to because i have not seen her out in the open for a long time. She sealed herself off from the world about 3 weeks ago and i just left her be. If i did disturb her while she was making it (which i think i did) what will happen now? Will she make another sac? I have a feeling she will probably munch it this time?? Let me know what to do :p.
Cheers

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OH yea how big are the sacs supposed to be? I always thought they were really small, this thing is the size of a half dollar.

Aubrey Sidwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you actually open it? It looks like a normal sac to me. They are designed larger than necessary to hold the slings once they molt to 2nd instar.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Dude, do you know how much energy is involved in creating a sac, and you pull it b4 she finishes laying her sac:wall:

PIG-

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dude, do you know how much energy is involved in creating a sac, and you pull it b4 she finishes laying her sac:wall:

PIG-
I am pretty sure as others have mentioned that the sac is already complete. He should ether give it back, or try and incubate it himself. Ether way I am pretty sure there are eggs in there.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am pretty sure as others have mentioned that the sac is already complete. He should ether give it back, or try and incubate it himself. Ether way I am pretty sure there are eggs in there.
PPPTTTHHHH at least mine rhymed...sort of lol

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The sac was found at the bottom of the enclosure like opened and EMPTY. There was NO eggs. Thats why i posted!!! If there was eggs in there i would have incubated it myself! Thats why i was asking.... did she eat the eggs... did she not lay them in there yet... or did they hatch and get out?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She sealed herself off from the world about 3 weeks ago and i just left her be.
I missed this part.

So if it is a 1/2 sac with nothing else, you chose the wrong time to bust in there and take what you thought was a complete egg sac.(<<<<most likely situation) And because you did not know what day the sac could have been laid, I am not really sure why you chose to take the sac, (or what looked like one to you)

If for some reason it is a whole sac with nothing in it then that is interesting as well because there has not been enough time passed for anything to have hatched and gone anywhere.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I missed this part.

So if it is a 1/2 sac with nothing else, you chose the wrong time to bust in there and take what you thought was a complete egg sac.(<<<<most likely situation) And because you did not know what day the sac could have been laid, I am not really sure why you chose to take the sac, (or what looked like one to you)

If for some reason it is a whole sac with nothing in it then that is interesting as well because there has not been enough time passed for anything to have hatched and gone anywhere.
Could she have eaten it? because she is not really that big... and it looked like most of a sac that just wasnt closed? Im not sure... i gave it back to her, dont think she will do anything with it. The reason i waited as long as i did is i thought i seen a complete sac through the opening of the coco hide. I had the coco hide with the very small opening it was hard to see (VERY stupid thing on my part). I went ahead and flipped it over carefully and found that sac at the very bottom of everything. When i put everything back i put the coco hide at an angle so next time i can get in from the large opening carefully and take a peek easier without screwing everything up. I went ahead and draped some fake plants over her hide to make her feel more secure and everything. I also put the enclosure in a dark place. Anything else i should do just in case she decides to make another one and fill it with eggs this time? If she does i am guessing she will munch them. I feel really stupid. But im not going to beat myself up over this, im sure i will make a lot of other stupid decisions in life lol.
Cheers

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anything else i should do just in case she decides to make another one and fill it with eggs this time?
About the only thing you can do different is leave her alone 4 weeks plus after you KNOW then sac was made.
If the sac was empty like you said then I guess she just went through the motions and did not drop any eggs. I have never had a T make the whole sac like that and not put eggs in it, but I guess stranger things have happened. Maybe she will try again you never know.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I mated her the first time earlier this year... is there any chance it was successful and it wasnt noticed.... and all the little spiders are in my house? OH yea this post is going to be edited before i go to work just in CASE my fiance decides to take a peek at my posts lol. Thanks for your help
Cheers

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But I thought you said she blocked herself in her hide only 3 weeks ago? :?
If what you said was true and it only has been three weeks then no I don't think you have anything to worry about. However if she made the sac before that and you just never noticed, then yes they could have hatched. I just dont see how you would miss something like 200+ slings climbing out of your tank. Their gestation period can be quite short, less then a month sometimes, so who knows........ maybe you have a bunch of free loaders in your house!

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But I thought you said she blocked herself in her hide only 3 weeks ago? :?
If what you said was true and it only has been three weeks then no I don't think you have anything to worry about. However if she made the sac before that and you just never noticed, then yes they could have hatched. I just dont see how you would miss something like 200+ slings climbing out of your tank. Their gestation period can be quite short, less then a month sometimes, so who knows........ maybe you have a bunch of free loaders in your house!
They're probably getting into your six packs right about now.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry i was a bit tired this morning when i posted, i just got off a long shift. The sac didnt hatch i know this for sure. If it would have hatched i would have seen egg casings and if they left already i would have seen little molts of some sort. What i think happened is what was first brought up, i probably caught her right in the middle of making the sac, which is sad on my part, that i didnt follow through with things the way i was supposed to. Hopefully she still gives me some babies :). If so... C. fasciatum slings for 2.00 ea :).
Cheers

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It getting stuck to their meal and them eating it are two totally different ball parks.
You might want to try and offer her something to eat. It took a lot of effort to make the bottom of that sac so she could be hungry. She should try again, I can't think of a reason she wouldn’t.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok feeding her right now. How long till i should take the roach out? Or will it not cause any problems?

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK i just dropped a roach in and checked on her. She took the unfinished sac and threw it out, shes in the process of webbing up her coco hide again. Hopefully she will take the roach and be rejuvenated! I also gave a good mist to the corner of the cage away from where she is, and filled her water dish up. She looks a lot bigger today then she did the other day, i swore she looked smaller than that. I was pretty tired though from work the other day when i did my stupid deed. I definately think she is going to make another sac for me though.

This time things are setup a lot smarter on my part. The coco shell is turned on its side where i can have much easier access to her and the sac later on. I am keeping her whole setup in a dark location covered up to make her feel safer and i am hoping she wont web as thick so i can see whats going on to some extent. I really hope the sac comes out ok and i did not stress her out too much. I would be pretty upset after all of this if things didnt turn out. Regardless im going to keep attempting breeding this species until i am successful several times before i move on to anything else. I want to kinda get things down to the point where i feel completely comfortable.

Talkenlate i really appreciate any and all advise you give me. God knows if anyone knows how to do this thing its you lol. So anything you might recommend i will definately do. Thanks again :)
Cheers