Help! Very Confused!!

Nathan Dorian

Arachnopeon
Okay, so.

My G. rosea moulted on the 3rd this month, revealing himself to be a mature male with lovely hooks 'n' whatnot.

Since then he's been fine and dandy in his new tank, although has not been eating anywhere near as much. I think he must have eaten at least one cricket since then, potentially two.

And he's been making a rather awesome web in his hide, which I thought was maybe a sperm web but wasn't really sure.

So I just glanced over, and saw a hole in the web.

And he's upside down, partly in the web, and appears to be webbing, upside down.

Can he be moulting yet again??

I tried to photograph it but it's very difficult. (Managed to get one of the crickets out, currently working on getting the other one out.)

Nathan Dorian

Arachnopeon
....Okay, uh.

Just looked over and he's upright again. o_O And webbing normally.

What the Hell is he up to? XD

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sperm web dude.....

He'll lay under it on his back and do his thing......Pretty interesting stuff.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yip, looks like a sperm web to me too. Here is my mature male Brachy doing his thing.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, they'll lie upside down--under their sperm web--really neat. As to the eating, just an FYI mature males don't eat as much--sometimes not at all. Unfortunately, his days are numbered now...:(

Nathan Dorian

Arachnopeon
Oh I know, wasn't aware that he'd eat less though. Good to know that it's just the process of things.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Indeed a sperm web!

The first time I saw my first MM doing this upside down, I could only think and wish that most of the guys I knew could move like that...:p

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now to find him a willing and able girlfriend. That wouldn't be too hard to do.
Good Luck.

Fredster
Lean, not as Mean
Still, US Marine!

Nathan Dorian

Arachnopeon
You'd think it wouldn't be too hard, but as I live in the middle of nowhere, and no-one seems interested in breeding G. rosea... :wall:

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After all this time; I'm still amazed at the misinformation being repeated by people who do not have first hand experience with "how long does a MM live"....
If you take good care of it; don't believe what the "parrots" say and feed it regularly; your MM G.rosea will live for YEARS. :wall:

We currently have a MM. G.rosea who is THREE years past UM and still spinning sperm webs.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MM. G. rosea after three years!!

This is the infamous "Gladys".....lolol.
The old man still has lead in his pencil....:cool:

*These pics were taken within the last 30 - 60 days....