help ventral sex

marvs08

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bro you posted on the wrong section... But it looks female to me...

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I second the female answer. Although the hairs between the book lungs are slightly darker in color, I'd still say fem.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looking male to me. Ether that or its a female with a really jacked looking up furrow. Kinda looks that way actually. But at 2.5" you better just wait and check a molt.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you tell us which species this is I know its only minor info but I dont feel right guessing unless I have as much info as possible about the T. If I had to guess without the info id say male.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I stand by male then as Id expect a little more width from a female but then again at 2.5" Im not 100%

Sir Legalot

Arachnopeon
It looks male to me too. epigastric furrow opening is not wide and thick, but then again it does not need to be always, I also support that the book lungs are a bit close together for a definite female win. wow, actually i'm being no help at all lol. okay, rather wait for a molt.

oh yes, and that patch of curious dark hair.

_tots_

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies! I was gonna wait it out but hints of male and female in this one made me post here.:8o

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i've learned that with grammostolas that you really can't tell externally. For instance, on of my g. aureos looked really really male on the outside. At 3" when it molted, I took a look inside and found two nice spermathacae. So IME, it's just a guessing game with this genus on the outside, again tho, only IME