help!!!!urgent and possibly fatal

bonny

Arachnopeon
:confused: hello has anyone had thier t change color while they were waiting fot them to molt? my brazillian black and white is in pre-molt, and she has a bald spot on her abdomin (i know THIS is normal) that is normally a peach color. yesterday when i got home her bald spot was a dark green, and whithein half a hour it had turned to a dark blue. she is still very reactive...actually i'd say she is twice as reactive....i'm worried any help would be great....i'll try to post pics later...i've put her in a ICU for now

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The abdomen turning black when close to molt is a common pheno, phenonom, er thingie in tarantulas. Don't worry.

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
normal pre-moult, most decent caresheets will explain this, as will a search through threads here

monster_bugs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha bonny, get her out of the icu... its a normal molting routine... the bald spot is usually light and then when they get closer to molt the new exoskeleton is being made and new U.hairs are shown thru the bald spot so it gets relly dark.. ur spider's gonna molt soon... good luck

Igor

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lolllll yeah get her out of the Icu hahaha, be gentle with "her" .. reduce the stress to the minimum for the molt coming soon

bonny

Arachnopeon
i know about normal molt rotine...i do have other t's....the fact that she is changing color is what has me worried....i've never seen anything like this.... i've read care sheets and everythig, been through many molts and never even heard of this....she did not do this last time she molted eather....its abnormal for her

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well then you should know that when a T is getting to molt real soon the patch become darker , this is all normal, every kick hairs spider do it

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Caresheets usually don't include this bit of information. I suggest you read through the beginner's thread >>HERE<<. I would also recommend that you get a copy of The Tarantula Keeper's Guide if don't already have one. The darkening observed in a bald spot is very normal and discussed in even the most basic books about T's. If you truly wish to provide the best care for your tarantulas, you will need to read a bit more than a few care sheets. I encourage you to participate here more as this site has a wealth of information and many experienced keepers.

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Windchaser said:
Caresheets usually don't include this bit of information. I suggest you read through the beginner's thread >>HERE<<. I would also recommend that you get a copy of The Tarantula Keeper's Guide if don't already have one. The darkening observed in a bald spot is very normal and discussed in even the most basic books about T's. If you truly wish to provide the best care for your tarantulas, you will need to read a bit more than a few care sheets. I encourage you to participate here more as this site has a wealth of information and many experienced keepers.
the caresheets i posted do

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
bugsnstuff said:
the caresheets i posted do
Then those are better than most caresheets that I have seen. That is encouraging. :clap:

EDIT: One other thing to note, at the time I was responding to this thread, I had not seen your post yet. So, I did not see those caresheets.

Last edited:

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds normal too me..............Its all good just wait untill the show is all over and she comes out all new again.

:clap:

Lyle Beach

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bonny said:
i know about normal molt rotine...i do have other t's....the fact that she is changing color is what has me worried....i've never seen anything like this....
The reason why you did not see this before is because there was no bald spot before. This is very normal.

bonny

Arachnopeon
Lyle Beach said:
The reason why you did not see this before is because there was no bald spot before. This is very normal.
she's molted before with a bald spot....and it turned black right before she molted....so i do know what to expect.....i know she will turn black on her bald spot.....but this coloring is a bright dark bluewhich i have not seen befor.....

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its normal, their abdomens dont go straight to black, you probably just didnt notice it before.