help um, transfering my blondi

shmidti

Arachnopeon
It is a good idea especially when dealing with aggressive fast animals. But not everybody keeps there T's in small enough containers to do that.... Sort of like your big T' like H.Shmidti, Serecopelma Generala, L. difficilis...etc. But on the cobalt all you have to do is gently oped the lid, be careful not to breathe on her or make any sudden movements, gently place a 32 ounce cup over her and slide the lid under to secure the T. As you get more acustomed to this hobby and comforatable you will see that this technique works on every tarantula in the hobby....... Even the arboreals.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
thanks everyone

Shmidti
Thanks for the idea..today will be the day..:) As for the 10G, isn't what she's in, a sort of 10G? (minus the height?) Come to think of it, before she bolts, there is a brief period of her just standing there, as if to gather her "steam", so to speak.

Faunya,
I've heard of the "cooling down" method. However..her container won't fit in my frig..thanks, tho..:) As for putting her outside, its pretty warm here. I live in N.M.

Devildoll,
I do have a container I can herd her into, as for leaving it in there, I could, but, the lid on her container won't go down. I think I'll try the "bravery" thing. Get her in the container, clean her enclosure, and then (moving her around as little as possible), lower the container down, take off the lid, and let her come out.
Fortunately, she isn't prone to Cobalt-like wild bolting, just bolts a bit. If something is lowered in front of her, she stops. And, I'll be doing all the above in my bathroom. Of course, that doesn't address me getting haired..:D However, there are certain "risks", certain side effects to this hobby, which I am aware of..(I'll be sure and send pics of my hive covered face..) *lmao*
Peace,
Gillian

:D