HELP!!! tailless whip scorpion moult problems

bubbafromjail

Arachnopeon
stupid me touched my little guy while moulting (thought he was dead )and he fell.totally detatched from the cork he was on and broke a front antennea. I f'd up and id like to help her. i set her on a cork and shes still trying what now????

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would just leave it alone, they all know how to molt by themselves. Just wait and see what happens, not much you can do.

bubbafromjail

Arachnopeon
no better

shes still alive and trying but its been like 10 hours now i dont think shell successfully moult : .thanks for the help every 1 :8o

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes when tarantulas are having molting problems, people up the humidity and heat. Maybe you should try that? Search ICU on the tarantula boards if you want more info.

bubbafromjail

Arachnopeon
not lookin good

i upped the humidity to almost 75% and it finally gave up. thanks to everyone 4 the help. i just feel real bad stupidness killed him :mad:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
They do best with much more moisture than many arachnids though caresheets don't always mention that. The dryness prior to the molt most likely doomed yours long before the actual molt happened. Once you get used to the humidity needs you won't have trouble again with other ones.