Help ! T.stirmi worry

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Humidity specifically refers to the amount of moisture that is in the air. Good ventilation will prevent this.

Dampness can be moisture anywhere. Damp skin, clothes, soil, hair or whatever. HTH

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Humidity specifically refers to the amount of moisture that is in the air. Good ventilation will prevent this.

Dampness can be moisture anywhere. Damp skin, clothes, soil, hair or whatever. HTH
Thanks for the answer, dude.
So I stand to my point, they need humidity in the air. But I'll just add that they need damp too.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
So I stand to my point, they need humidity in the air. But I'll just add that they need damp too.
Humidity is relative (rh)in its rainforest home the ground is constantly moist /yet even when top layer dry still very damp underneath couple this with the relative humidity in the air or confines of the burrow!especially in a small burrow .thats why readings are done at ground level in close proximity to the spider.up in the air 18" or so means nothing.

cold blood

Staff member
They need a very thin layer of humidity just above the ground....this is accomplished by damp sub....the moisture in the air above their book lungs is completely irrelevant...dont measure humidity....just keep the sub damp.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Humidity is relative (rh)in its rainforest home the ground is constantly moist /yet even when top layer dry still very damp underneath couple this with the relative humidity in the air or confines of the burrow!especially in a small burrow .thats why readings are done at ground level in close proximity to the spider.up in the air 18" or so means nothing.
The ground isnt completely moist. Thats what I said on my previous comment. A friend of mine who lives there and actually observe them in situ noticed that, even in Amazon Forest, there is dry seasons, and at that times, the ground around their burrows was dry too, not moist, not wet, but dry. Thats when they laid a sac and have their slings. Humidity in the air, however, was still high. BUT, this is in situ, in captivity, I agree with you and @cold blood even though I still believe both damp and humidity/ventilation control are needed.

Jake Gilbert

Arachnopeon
Just an update she’s still not eating , refused food lots she’s still bald , however a little black spot has appeared on abdomen , I keep the sub damp , not soaking but wet to touch like it’s wet but not soaking soggy. But still not eating I’ve tried cricket, big super worms could it be the food I’m offering, also the setup now is 8” of sub with a dug in hide and a big big water bowl and some decor.

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Just an update she’s still not eating , refused food lots she’s still bald , however a little black spot has appeared on abdomen , I keep the sub damp , not soaking but wet to touch like it’s wet but not soaking soggy. But still not eating I’ve tried cricket, big super worms could it be the food I’m offering, also the setup now is 8” of sub with a dug in hide and a big big water bowl and some decor.
Did you see this reply on the 14th?

As I mentioned in your last thread, the t is pre-molt and probably wont eat till after its next molt....so again, I will tell you...not to worry about it not eating.