Help setting up appropriate enclosures

Alex Bezzina

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I am new here. I currently have 20 tarantulas and 1 vinegaroon. I will provide pics of their enclosures. I'm uncertain of a lot of their sizes as some are still very small slings. Any suggestions and help will be appreciated. If possible, can someone suggest my best course of action for affordable enclosures for arboreals? Terrestrials I was planning on keeping in kritter keepers. I have kept the slings in the pill containers they came in for the time being but should I rehouse them into something different?

I'm located in Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Deli cups make nice and cheap arboreal enclourses for the smaller ones. Not sure if they would use the same measurements in Canada but 32oz deli cups or 16oz ones are the ones you want to look for.
You can keep them in the 32oz until they are about 3inch (8cm or so).
Little more cost but look slightly nicer are inverted amac containers. You can basically use anything that is vertical really as long as you provide ventilation.

Alex Bezzina

Arachnopeon
Okay, thank you for the info! For ventilation should I do cross on the sides and put some holes in the top as well?

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Okay, thank you for the info! For ventilation should I do cross on the sides and put some holes in the top as well?
I always do all four sides for sure, amount really depends on the species, but generally I will do a three vertical then take those three across (length depends on size of the enclourse). For the top it is not as important but ventilation there does not hurt. I make a hole on the top lid in each corner wide enough to get a pipette into so I do not have to remove the lid to water them.

Goal is basically to provide enough cross ventilation to avoid mold growth, keep the air fresh while not drying the enclourse out too quickly. Here deli cups are about 0.08usd each so test out a few with no t in it yet and see how quickly it dries out until you find exactly what you like.

Alex Bezzina

Arachnopeon
Okay, thank you for the help, it is appreciated and I apologize for all the questions. For substrate I use a blend of coco husk and sphagm moss, is this acceptable? It seems to hold moisture fairly well.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Okay, thank you for the help, it is appreciated and I apologize for all the questions. For substrate I use a blend of coco husk and sphagm moss, is this acceptable? It seems to hold moisture fairly well.
Substrate is basically everyone's personal preference really. I use the cocofiber and sphagnum myself, but I don't dwell too much on chasing humidity. I basically just overfill the water dish, let that dry then repeat that cycle

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Click on my link in my sig below for info on Avic husbandry if you need it, as they are arboreals. Quite a bit of the info may be used for other arboreals in the NW.

Alex Bezzina

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I created my first Arboreal enclosure and before I rehouse one of my little guys I was wondering if there is any feedback that can be provided. Thanks!

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hello everyone, I created my first Arboreal enclosure and before I rehouse one of my little guys I was wondering if there is any feedback that can be provided. Thanks!
Is this for an Avicularia (or Caribena)?

It's not bad, but I would add another row or two of ventilation holes and some more leaves in the top half for webbing.

boina

Lady of the mites
I like the arboreal enclosure - it's pretty good for an avic. But I would definitely add more ventilation holes.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
For arboreals you can use the 32 oz. tall deli cups until they're like 3.5"-4". After that you can use Kritter Keepers turned on their sides. If they're still like under like two inches you can just keep them in the little pill bottles though.