Help please with cricket keeper housing

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
brigebane said:
I personally think crickets are disgusting creatures. Lobster roaches are by far a superior feed. On a more serious note crickets aren't that "easy" to maintain, any shipments above 80 and they normally cook below 70 they freeze with little sucess in revitalization. They stink, they eat each other and the scuttle flies really like em. The key with crickets is lots of food and limited numbers. Since I work at a petstore it's much easier to take home crickets daily because frankly when you mantain thousands at work you don't want to do it at home.
I considered lobster roaches last time I visited an Expo. /so, do you keep them in a large plastic tub??? What about feeding them??? Please do reply.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most my roaches are kept similarly, these guys are in about a 5.5 gallon tub with melanin (think that's how it's spelt) striping up top. I feed them a mix of high grade dogfood, veggies and cricket gutloads. I really like the green foods from Naturezone; it can be purchased by the bucket, is food and water, and smells of green apples ;) . The bedding I use is just a peat cypress mix, I know it's not an ellaborate setup but they seem to produce.