Help Need Quik Help

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I sorry to here about your rosea man:( . My buddy who owns mutiple T's said for your next T try having plexiglass cut to the size just small enough to fit in the tank. He said drill 4 holes on each side of the tank. He then said take 4 shelf hangers and put them in the holes, then take a drill and drill mutiple holes in the plexi glass and then set in there. that will lower the height of the tank. Another suggestion that he said instead of the plexi glass you could also go Home Depotor whatever and find rigged chicken wire w/ small holes and do the same thing. I hope this helps for next time.And once again I am sorry and I hope I don't have to go through what you're going through :(

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm so sorry about your loss!

Did you see the spider fall? I saw one dropped once on a floor and it was horrible. How big is your cage?

Daywalker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was wondering ;
how high did she fall from ?
was she in the tank or on the outside of the tank ?
were you holding her when she fell ?
when she fell what did she land on ?
was this a great escape that failed ?
what size tank did you have her in ?

sorry to here about your loss .

bill

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am sorry for your loss. I would go ahead if shes not dead yet go ahead and put her in the freezer so she won't suffer anymore.

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
Well i got home, she is still in the same position as was this morning, so i poked her and she is as stiff as a rock. :(
I didnt see the fall, i just heard it. It was from about 12-14" and i believe it must have been on the edge of the log to cuase this to happen since the substrate is pretty thick and soft.
I dont know if i will get another turantula, maybe in a while i will get a scorp or some kind of lizard. I have a 5 gallon teranium. What do you normaly do with a T when it passes away like this?
I only had her for a year, her name was bessie and now i feel so iresponsible for giving her an unsafe enviroment. As much as she scared me sometimes i was becoming attached to her.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your loss. SHould you decide to get another T, take a little time to read up on how to setup up their enclosure. A 5 gallon tank is a good size for an adult T, just make sure that you limit the height. As far as the fall goes, if she landed on her abdoman, even on the substrate, it could rupture. Tarantulas are not designed to handle falls, especially terrestrial ones.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even if the substrate was soft, their abdomens are so fragile and it's the impact the causes the split, doesn't really matter what they hit for the most part.

DanD5303

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm also sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you don't give up on the hobby. Even though we may not like to admit it, most of us learn an awful lot of what we know from our mistakes. The important thing is not to make the same one twice. Hang in there.

DanD

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey. I have a large collection of dried and pinned insects. If your just going to throw the body away, id like put it to good use in a display case.

dont be offended. Its just a suggestion

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey. I have a large collection of dried and pinned insects. If your just going to throw the body away, id like put it to good use in a display case.

dont be offended. Its just a suggestion
Way to notice this thread is two years old there, buddy. :rolleyes:

konrad16660

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i can never understand why people collect dead bugs. i only like live ones. my parents took my scorps away once and gave them away. haha and bought me like a scorp in resin. and i was like "i don't want an unliving scorp! how am i suppose to talk to it?''lol{D

AlexRC

Arachnopeon
Wow that really sucks, sorry to hear about your loss. This experience although not the most pleasant, serves as a great learning experience for yourself and others, so at least some kind of positive was able to come from it. I see this was years ago, and I hope you didn't give up on the hobby.