Help my crickets are dyeing!!!!

Vladaz1

Arachnopeon
So I decided to start a cricket farm I got a huge 30 gallon container for 25 crickets which should be more than enough. I have a water tray and I give a variety of food like some apple dog food and more. They are in this container for one day and 6 died!! plz help:(

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
So I decided to start a cricket farm I got a huge 30 gallon container for 25 crickets which should be more than enough. I have a water tray and I give a variety of food like some apple dog food and more. They are in this container for one day and 6 died!! plz help:(
If they’re adults, than it may just be normal deaths. Crickets have extremely short lifespans, and I’ve noticed the ones that come from major pet store chains have even shorter lifespans. It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten crickets, but I remember I got 30 crickets from Pet Smart once and 10 or so were dead within the next day.
Reading back through your post though, you have a water tray? Is there anything to prevent them from drowning? They drown really easily ime. If you want to give them water, provide fruits and veggies or water crystals. You could also go with a sponge, but those harbor bacteria and aren’t really good for crickets. Don’t forget to wash any fruits/veggies you put in there.

Vladaz1

Arachnopeon
There not adults there just started mating
And the water is shallow so they cant drown
I put in fruits too.

Twichlove

Arachnopeon
There not adults there just started mating
And the water is shallow so they cant drown
I put in fruits too.
A picture would help analyzing greatly, assuming that you haven't found out the reason for your cricket's unusual passing already.
You'd be surprised at how easily crickets drown, i've had crickets that jump on one another and forced the other to drown, (They were kept as feeders however and i quickly ran out of them.)
And yes, they are adults. Crickets usually have a lifespan of 5 weeks and start mating when they are mature, so don't be surprised if they died right after mating.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
For only 25 crickets I would get a cricket pen. I would also recommend Flukers orange cubes, they get their vitamins and water from there. You can offer them small bits of potato as well. If they are adults, a few die offs are normal.