HELP!....moving a T from old cage to new

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
both H maculata and S calceatum are arboreal, but mine seem to prefer making a hammock low to the ground, or to stay at the base of their corkbark. They look so much alike in the juvenile stage, I won't hazard a guess as to yours, however, it looks identical to my supposed S calceatum. But, my H mac looked just like that before she matured also, I don't know that I could have easily told them apart.
Both species are considered to be much more defensive, and have a more potent venom then most NW Ts, so please be careful.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fyic said:
Now I don't know if I even want to keep them
I will take care of them if I have to
but I don't think I really want to keep a T that is that Aggressive

so if anyone wants to trade for them let me know
I have 2 of them

Thanks
They gave you TWO??

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ohh! .. isnt that an ornamental baboon Heteroscodra maculata ??? careful! u wouldn't wanna have a taste of its bite and they're very fast too!!

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It may be wise to sell or trade them off for species you are more willing to take care of. Having a s. calceatum myself, I know all too well how fast they can be and just knowing that they have a significant venom stresses me out. The fact that I almost lost mine in my flat a few months back really woke me up and revalue the special care needed for this type of species.

I have to rehouse mine in the coming days and it's the only T I have that makes me anxious to care for. When I almost lost her a while back, she "teleported" over 20' in a blink of an eye while rehousing her. It was by sheer luck that I managed to get her back before losing her altogether. Apparently their venom cause cardiac arythmia, well I assure you that one doesn't need an actual bite to experience that effect with this species. Almost losing a sub-adult female will recreate the effect well, lol!

Pixie

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MilkmanWes said:
Where is this pet shop that gave this to you fyic?

The shop is in
California. USA

why does it matter where the pet shop is?

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
na its a h.maculata from comparing my macs with my calceatums they have different patterns on there abdomons maculata is scattered spots and calceatum has a more linear pattern might be wrong plus calceatum have more of a greeney tint usually

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only other tip I was going to give you was to transfer the T in the batheroom, if you could help it. Plug all the drains, tub faucet, and holes. It gives you a much smaller room to work in, usually. This being an arboreal it wouldn't have any problems getting out of the tub, but with most terristral species, the tub is the place.