Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well well were to start i just made my check of my T's and my indian ornamental is hanging from a leaf i need a quick response to what the <heck> to do please help me

my dad said to move him but a 3" indian prolly can still pack a good bite

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
why is it a problem that it's hanging from a leaf? Unless it's OUTSIDE its container?

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, i got him and she ran like hell as i cuffed her in my hand and pulled her little foot from the leave i was scared really bad i thought she'dpull her leg off she wasnt outside the cage hanging from a leaf thats about 10 inches off the ground i read on a site a 6" inch fall can kill a T but alls well now she is mad at me but i moved the leafs toward the side more so that she can grab something incase it happens again

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
bigTime,
Is it a silk leaf?
If so, then I'd replace it with a plastic one.
T's claws can get hungup in silk, as you've just seen...

Ernie

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
:confused: I still don't get it....are you saying she was hanging by a one claw to a leaf in her enclosure?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
:confused: I still don't get it....are you saying she was hanging by a one claw to a leaf in her enclosure?
Thats what I got out of it...:)

Ern.

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes she was hanging from a leaf in her cagewith her one leg on the base of the plant you no how the leafs come on the plastic branch type thing?? well she had her closet leg to her palps on it and was stuck like that so i moved her hope that explains it a little better:) if not tell me and illl try and explain it a differnt way:)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I still don't get it.

Even assuming that your *Pokie* was hanging off of a plant, it's an arboreal, it's more than capable of making a controlled drop or catching onto something else. Unless you were housing the thing in a 6ft tall container you make a risky move to yourself for zero benefit to the T imo. I'd have given the thing to morning to move itself and then I'd have used my 18" paint brush to push it towards something it could catch with its other limbs.

Cupping any T in your hand without extensive prior knowledge of that T and how it reacts is downright (hmm... don't take this as an attack because I'm sure you were afraid for the T but there's no other words that work) nuts. Cupping a Pokie in your hands considering how badly some people react is just downright stupid. Some Ts calm down in this situation, but many consider themselves threateningly restrained and react accordingly, you're lucky.

Next time please think about the situation in more detail before risking your nicely unpunctured hand for a $25 spider that could probably have gotten itself down. And go whack your dad while you're at it for putting you up to it ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh geez....I second what Code said....you are incredibly lucky you didn't get tagged.
Arboreals are incredibly acrobatic, and she probably could have gotten down on her own. If not, I'd use something besides your HAND to help her out!

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:eek: ::eek: yep she scared me but when i get a T i dont worrie bout price and if i get bit i dont think itll kill me so im gonna try and save the poor girl she looked like she was in trouble an i dont have an 18" paint brush more like a 6" paint brush:} but anyways all is over and im changeing the plants no my dad said they were silk plants and tomarrow we gonna go get some new ones but for now she is plantless and being really pissy

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I third it,
but I wouldn't use the word stupid.. Maybe crazy..:eek:

E

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use a hanger, that is bent straight and wrapped in duck tape, works for me it's long enough to keep me safe and the duck tape part make the handle really comfortable.......so it's a win-win kinda deal

BTW I took a pic of it

Sam,

Attachments

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's really cool, with the sharp part I use to stab or kill crickets or move then or whatever, and the bottom part I use as prongs. ;)

Sam,

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BTL,
Keep in mind that arboreal T's are more tolerant of a fall than terrestrials and borrowers. Pokies are fairly tough. I had an adult female ornata that would tackle anoles on the side of a tank 12"-14" above the substrate. She would sometimes land on her back and just keep munching her dinner. 6" isn't really much to worry about for a Pokie. The leg or claws being stuck didn't sound too good though. Getting rid of the silk is the right thing to do.
I'm glad your T (and you too) is ok.

Atrax

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by bigTimeLoser89
great idea,might steal that idea from you;P
Do it while you can, cuz in a couple of years they'll be on the market.........that's right the'll be in every T and snake store you can think of, I think I'll price them at 80 cents a peace......gotta think 30 cents for the hanger itself, 30 cents for the duck tape part, and 20 cents for the labor.

I was just joking, you can make your own cheaper then that,

Sam,

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by bigTimeLoser89
: but anyways all is over and im changeing the plants no my dad said they were silk plants and tomarrow we gonna go get some new ones but for now she is plantless and being really pissy
While you're at the craft store grabbing some non-silk fake plants, consider picking up a long handled paint brush. They are a great tool for manipulating the T because they give so there is very little danger of injuring the T. Plus, if the T is feisty and bites it, their fangs just pass right through the bristles.