Help me! Im New! Brachypelma Albopilosum with egg sack

louise f

Arachnoangel
Her offspring all have shed a few times and I watched them through that, and thy always remained upright and pulled up.
Yeah the slings do that, but not the adult ones. They always lay on their backs and molt with a molting mat underneath them.

Methal

Arachnosquire
by now you should start to see her "pushing" herself out of her old skin. if not already completely out.

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
Leave her in a dark space and leave her alone. Has she moved much since she flipped over?[/QNo, she hasent moved, but a plate that covered the junction between her head and abdomine me vex and now there is a white bulge. I'm asuming that that is her

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Yes that means she has popped her carapace... I would've thought that she'd be further along the molt by now. Let's hope she gets through it.

cold blood

Staff member
She is upside down, curled, and had no visible seems in her exoskeleton. Her offspring all have shed a few times and I watched them through that, and thy always remained upright and pulled up.
I'm glad you got it figured out. For future reference, ts don't flip over to die, if they die on their backs, its because they fell that way.....ts flip onto their backs only for 2 reasons, to molt, and for mature males, to make a sperm web.

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
ok, thanks. the bulge is bigger, but only slightly, and it has been around nine hours since i last checked on her. overtime i check, i give her enclosure a sprits of water to make sure it isn't dry

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Adult tarantula can take 24hours or more to molt. Please don't spritz in the enclosure, she doesn't need it at this point, and the disturbance every time you open and close the enclosure could be disturbing the molt.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Here's video from our fellow member @EulersK and it explains moulting process very well to beginners. Actually, i'd recommend to check his whole channel as he have very informative videos about pretty much everything newbie should know.

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
I've been watching her for three days and she hasn't moved or pushed the top plate off. what should i do?

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Can you take a picture? If she is still barely out of the molt there isnt much you can do but wait and hope. Messing with her would only do more harm, if it has been 3 days then it doesnt sound too hopeful.

Addy96

Arachnopeon
If this is the case, you should pull the sac right about now. If you don't, the sac will hatch inside the female's enclosure. Although, some people do let their females hatch the sac by themselves, it's hard to gather up all the babies from the female's enclosure.
Hi, I've accumulated a considerable collection of tarantulas and have had much success in raising them. Exactly 8 weeks ago my Phlogius Crassipes (Australian bird eating spider) who I had not mated but bought from a seller, had laid an eggsac and I wasn't sure if I should pull it and incubate it so I left it in there with mum and she has hatched it successfully. They are currently still coming out of the sac and they are not eggs with legs, theyre mostly all black as far as I can see.

When should I take them away from mum? or should I let them stay with her until they have reached 2nd instar? If I should take them out how should I go about so? Please reply asap as I am new to hatching eggsacs. For the entire time I've known about the eggsac I have researching non-stop on what to do but to no avail. Please help immediately! Thank you very much.