Help me! Im New! Brachypelma Albopilosum with egg sack

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Is the female eating? and does she have access to water. adults molt aprox once a year but its not a given.

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
she's not eating, she does have access to water, and she has compleatly covered her out-world in web

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
i change the water and clean the dish every other day since i found a sort of slimy film over the surface a few months ago

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I'm not sure if its normal for them to molt this close after laying a sac, either way just give her time, water, and try feeding once a week or so.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
she is probably getting ready to molt. webbed up entrance combined with not eating are usually signs of molting. Make sure waterdish is full, that's the only thing to do besides waiting it out

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
So I'm getting a little worried. My curly has lost some hair on her abdomine, and rarely moves, and it has been about two weeks seance she lost the hair. I'm worried that she is either sick or too cold. I will send pics of her later, and would like some advise on what to do.

elysium

Arachnosquire
a balding, fat, dark abdomen and a lethargic T that doesn't eat are usually signs of heavy premolt. are you able to see through the bald spot at the color of the abdomen? the T will usually turn a dark grey/almost black color when in heavy premolt.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
So I'm getting a little worried. My curly has lost some hair on her abdomine, and rarely moves, and it has been about two weeks seance she lost the hair. I'm worried that she is either sick or too cold. I will send pics of her later, and would like some advise on what to do.
a balding, fat, dark abdomen and a lethargic T that doesn't eat are usually signs of heavy premolt. are you able to see through the bald spot at the color of the abdomen? the T will usually turn a dark grey/almost black color when in heavy premolt.
Agreed, she's most likely in premolt. As long as her abdomen doesn't look shriveled or small, she should be fine.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
i change the water and clean the dish every other day since i found a sort of slimy film over the surface a few months ago
Best thing to do is get a bunch of 2 ounce souffle cups. Every couple of weeks or so you can discard the old one and replace it with a brand new one. Saves you the trouble of having to scrub the water dish all the time.

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
well, at least she didn't starve. she passed away in the night. all her offspring are alive and well, but I'm worried that it was some sort of illness that killed her. as a precaution, i have moved curly (the mother) and her terrarium away from the young

mynameisblank

Arachnopeon
She is upside down, curled, and had no visible seems in her exoskeleton. Her offspring all have shed a few times and I watched them through that, and thy always remained upright and pulled up.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
I would wait it out and see if she molts. Hopefully shes consumed enough water and its humid enough that she isn't stuck in her molt.