Help me choose a first T (#2 or 3 I don't remember)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Well then. I think this is my 2nd or 3rd thread regarding getting my first T. I am creating a new thread for the sake of you rude people (I know you are out there somewhere) who will criticize my first lists of wants in a T. I currently keep scorpions and I am confident that I can keep a T (though I'm planning to get the T months or maybe years in the future but I might as well have this thread up to help me keep thinking of getting one). What I will list below is a list of what I would like in my T. I understand that they have individual personalities and such but not all the wants in the list need to be used, it's just a general thing.

1. Feeding times. I would prefer a T that eats quite a lot but I am perfectly fine with a pet rock too.

2. Fast growth speeds. I would prefer a T that can grow rather fast just for the sake of me being a beginner and avoiding the "Oh no my T hadn't molted yet! Did I do something wrong?" on my part.

3. Size. I would prefer a rather medium size species. I do not have the space to keep a large species even if they don't need much space. I would absolutely love a small species but a species that can max (my max when it comes to size but idc if smaller) about 5-5.5 inch DLS would be perfect.

4. Temper. I like my aggressive species as I love the thrill to it. I understand that they can have their own personalities but this would count for a general experience of the species. (Ex. Sicarius are known to be rather docile but mine is extremely aggressive lol. I would never hold one even if I knew it was docile plus they are pretty venomous)

5. Keeping. I'd rather have one that doesn't need much attention but I can handle one that needs a moderate amount of attention if needed. Humidity is almost always a problem in my area for some reason where it is very dry. A desert species will be loved but I can handle a species that requires humidity (that's what good substrate is for!)

6. PRICE. I am almost always low on money so I would very very much prefer a species that is normally rather inexpensive.

7. Looks. Yeah yeah whatever you want to say negative but hey! I like how my bugs look! This can be completely ignored but just for the sake of more reasons :p

I am currently thinking of these species:
Ephobopus murinus(random pick), A. geniculata, Nhandu chromatus, Brachypelma smithi, GBB (i don't remember the scientific name xD), P.murinus (I really doubt this one but it does fit my list but I don't remember it's size lol)

I am open to your thoughts but please be nice! Thanks for your consideration (in advance).

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It sounds like you're describing LP or A. geniculata, but both of them get 7+ inches in size, so you may need to compromise on one or more of your points. Is price more important than size? Is temperament more important than looks? Etc.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Nhandu or gbb (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) sounds like a good match for you.

Also for the common name rule gbb is accepted here because that is quite a long name to write every time. Everyone knows what your talking about ;)

Stugy

Arachnolord
For me, a low price will be infinitely be better. But since everybody is saying GBB.. I'll save up lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You should go for the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) and, one moment, screw the 'save' part because my man, that hissing is worth every cent, like the mighty sound of a German Panzer in El Alamein desert :kiss:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
For me, a low price will be infinitely be better. But since everybody is saying GBB.. I'll save up lol
Slings are very affordable, even in the states. They grow really fast, and watching those colour changes is awesome :) . If you're interested, its scientific name is Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :D
I'd wait with the P.murinus until you have some experience under your belt since that is a particular defensive species with potent venom and a speed demon.
E.murinus is a nice choice, but not for a first. Venom is less potent than P.murinus, but still quite a punch for a NW, and flighty and defensive as well.

Stugy

Arachnolord
You should go for the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) and, one moment, screw the 'save' part because my man, that hissing is worth every cent, like the mighty sound of a German Panzer in El Alamein desert :kiss:
Heiar Safari! :D The very reason why I am trying to join the T hobby is for P.muticus lmao. I wanna join the cult!

Stugy

Arachnolord
Slings are very affordable, even in the states. They grow really fast, and watching those colour changes is awesome :) . If you're interested, its scientific name is Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :D
I'd wait with the P.murinus until you have some experience under your belt since that is a particular defensive species with potent venom and a speed demon.
E.murinus is a nice choice, but not for a first. Venom is less potent than P.murinus, but still quite a punch for a NW, and flighty and defensive as well.
Well $40 may be affordable for you but not for me in a million years. I don't have a job so I really have no way to make money atm. But I am going to sell a crap ton of old stuff I don't use anymore soon so I hope I get some good money.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Heiar Safari! :D The very reason why I am trying to join the T hobby is for P.muticus lmao. I wanna join the cult!
Ah ah one day my man I'm certain. Sadly, unlike here in Europe, as far as I know the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) is very high priced in USA: an offense because 'Freedom of Religion', last time I've checked, was a Right :pompous:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Well $40 may be affordable for you but not for me in a million years. I don't have a job so I really have no way to make money atm. But I am going to sell a crap ton of old stuff I don't use anymore soon so I hope I get some good money.
You want cheap/fast growing/easy to care for then the L.parahybana is your best bet, they cost like 5 bucks a piece I'm sure you can afford that :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
You want cheap/fast growing/easy to care for then the L.parahybana is your best bet, they cost like 5 bucks a piece I'm sure you can afford that :)
Plus $30-50 shipping ;) Apparently there's a reptile shop near me (had no idea that it existed until about a month ago) that sells Ts. They got 2" LPs for $40 or something. A.geniculata slings for $20. GBB slings for $40. Bleh. At least I won't pay shipping right?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Plus $30-50 shipping ;) Apparently there's a reptile shop near me (had no idea that it existed until about a month ago) that sells Ts. They got 2" LPs for $40 or something. A.geniculata slings for $20. GBB slings for $40. Bleh. At least I won't pay shipping right?
In that case get the GBBs if they're the same price, they are much more valuable species.