Help! Lost Sling

JackCharlesRoss

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, thismorning my package came with 3 slings, king baboon, fetherleg baboon and violet tree. I got the king and fetherleg into sling containers with substrate set up. I didnt have any of these containers left so i put the violet tree sling in a 16oz container with some substrate and a medium sized piece of cork bark. I went out to purchase a sling container and now im back and the violet tree is nowhere to be found. The last time i saw him he was on the cork bark. Any ideas?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Some slings burrow immediately. Have you checked your substrate thoroughly?

FrDoc

Arachnosupporter +
That's where I would begin. Gently pour it in a larger container that will hinder any escape attempt, and have a catch cup at the ready.

FrDoc

Arachnosupporter +
Poured some water over the cork bark and out he came, was burrowed deep inside the cork bark!
Excellent! Be wary, those little buggers are lightning fast, and almost invisible on/in the substrate. Enjoy.

Edit: I would also highly suggest not pouring water as a tactic.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Im not familiar with this common name "Violet Tree". What is the scientific name?

JackCharlesRoss

Arachnopeon
Then you probably shouldn't own Stromatopelma and pelinobius to begin with.
They were freebies in the box, i plan on giving them to a friend who is already in the hobby. Only ordered a juvinile tapinauchenius cupreus and a sling tapinauchenius cupreus

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
They were freebies in the box, i plan on giving them to a friend who is already in the hobby. Only ordered a juvinile tapinauchenius cupreus and a sling tapinauchenius cupreus
That's probably for the best. Fun to own once you can deal with fast defensive species . But not till then.

JackCharlesRoss

Arachnopeon
That's probably for the best. Fun to own once you can deal with fast defensive species . But not till then.
Really don't want any Old World's until im atleast a year into the hobby. Want to get as much experience as I can first as a want good lives for the T's

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
When buying online, just tell them you have a preference for NWs to avoid them sending you free OWs.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Glad you located the T. :)
You might already be privy to this nugget of info: but be sure your ventilation holes in the enclosures are smaller than the carapace of the spider being housed within.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't give them up.. In my experience OW really aren't that bad. Just have to take a couple extra precautions when re housing. Other then that, no big deal IMO.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
When buying online, just tell them you have a preference for NWs to avoid them sending you free OWs.
That's all well and good but sometimes dealers will just surprise you with one which is how I ended up with a C. huahini after only 4 months in the hobby.