Help IDing a rescued spider

Benny8legs

Arachnopeon
So down at my apartment’s pool tonight I found this little fella floating in the water. I thought it was dead, but it moved when I poked it. I took it upstairs and put it in a little critter keeper to chill out.

I was wondering if anyone had a general idea on its species? I’m not an expert on IDing between wolf and grass spiders, or anything in between.

It’s a little larger than a quarter in leg span, and I live in West Texas if the region helps at all.

Also, are those baby spiders on her(??) abdomen?? I noticed them when taking this picture. I don’t know if they’re alive since I found her floating after who knows how long

EDIT: also, would this be something worth keeping in a small critter keeper? I have some extra substrate from my T I could throw down for her, maybe grab something for her to hide under and feed her some pinheads.
97AA9E69-F766-4215-B26F-00630DDAEADF.png

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Lycosa for sure. Hogna mommy. Maybe Baltimoriana. She may not eat while packing her kids around.

Benny8legs

Arachnopeon
Lycosa for sure. Hogna mommy. Maybe Baltimoriana. She may not eat while packing her kids around.
Would holding onto to her be cruel since she has little ones on her back? Or is it possible they’re drowned?

Also, could you clarify on the species suggestions so I could possibly read into them lightly :)

The wolf

Arachnolord
Would holding onto to her be cruel since she has little ones on her back? Or is it possible they’re drowned?

Also, could you clarify on the species suggestions so I could possibly read into them lightly :)
He meant hogna,maybe Baltimora

You can keep her just separate the kids once they disperse

JoP

Arachnosquire
If the babies are still clinging to her back, they're likely still alive. The majority of their siblings probably succumbed to drowning, but those two are little survivors.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
If the babies are still clinging to her back, they're likely still alive. The majority of their siblings probably succumbed to drowning, but those two are little survivors.
3 actually, look close to her thorax.

Benny8legs

Arachnopeon
Update for everyone:

I've currently had the mother for about a week now, and only one spiderling made it but I'm currently caring for it in a deli cup! It's already about doubled in size but its still insanely tiny, I plan on raising it and keeping track of the whole process. I'm gonna let the momma go whenever the little one is big enough for her enclosure :)