1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by trevorlee6, Mar 18, 2012.

1. trevorlee6

trevorlee6 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I recently got Whiptail from a local pet store though the employees did not know what type he is. If anyone could help, It would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. snakecollector

snakecollector Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

Whiptail?? It is an Emperor Scorpion.

3. Ludedor24

Ludedor24 Arachnobaron

NJ
    I agree with this

4. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

Being from a pet store, that explains it all. Yes that is a P. imperator scorpion.

5. GiantVinegaroon

GiantVinegaroon Arachnoprince

Who calls scorpions whiptails???

Pandinus imperator is your species as all the others have said.

6. And yet another consumer buys a scorpion without researching it first. At least you got a pretty docile scorp to practice on. Good luck, and enjoy that beauty.

7. could it be that:

a. it is mislabeled; or
    b. he named his scorpion "Whiptail"

8. lizardminion

lizardminion Arachnolord

I want you... to go egg that pet store if they called it a whiptail. If that's it's name though, you could have said so. Here at Arachnoboards, we don't usually refer to animals by the personal names we give them. If we do though, we state so as to prevent confusion.

Otherwise, that's Pandinus imperator - the Emperor Scorpion

9. MaxxZacho

MaxxZacho Arachnopeon

couldn't it be a Heterometrus? I say this because of the lighter colored telson/aculeus....

10. 2nscorpx

2nscorpx Arachnoangel Active Member

No, the chelae structure does not really suggest Heterometrus spp. It is a Pandinus spp., but I wouldn't say that it is P. imperator so definitively...it is most likely, but it could be another species.

It appears that 'Whiptail' is just the scorpion's name, why would it be capitalized?