1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying lychas pls.

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Frazam, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Frazam

Frazam Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Hi, I'm being sold some Lychas Marmoreus, but since they look a lot like Mucronatus, I'm not really sure if the seller is right. Either/or is all good, just want to make sure what it is I'm really getting so I'll know how to take care of them.

Thanks!

Here is a pic from the seller:

Attached Files:

2. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnosquire Active Member

They look marmoreus to me.
    Btw it is not the best idea to handle buthids. ;)

3. Frazam

So they ARE marmoreus. Cool. No worries, I never handle scorps. Like ever. Even the longis. :D

Any caresheets for marmoreus? I couldn't find a lot of info here or on the net. Are they semi-arboreal? Or strictly terrestrial? (off to search again, lest I look stupid asking questions which were already answered somewhere)

4. Frazam

So I saw a thread they are semi arboreal. Cool. Not much more info though. Anyone here with experiencing with L. Marmoreus? Out of the 7 I'm gonna get, 2 are gravid. Seller has been breeding them for 2 years now (he says they might be parthenogenetic, but I doubt it). He just keeps them communally and says they pop week after week.

I saw He's been selling these in the past, and he's unloading all that's left to me.

5. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnosquire Active Member

I am sorry, I missed part about pic being sellers one :banghead:

6. Frazam

Got the scorps today. There are 3 females and 2 males. I think all three are gravid. Anyway, I separated the females but left one with the 2 males. Is this ok? Will the males fight? What about the gravid female left with them?